Hello world!

Stuff happened and I lost everything. :-(

Please be patient as I try to regain my sanity.

Thanks.

- Janice

Comments

  1. Oh my.
    hugs.....or wine my friend?
    both.
    no problem!
    Hope it all comes back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. waah! i'll take both! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, Janice. I hope you have it all stored somewhere, your pictures are precious...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not looking too good. I can't get the posts back....but I think the pics were saved somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's hard to lose all that creativity, by the pictures, in my mind, would be the most precious. That's one issue with our digital world. When a single piece of hardware fails, you're sunk. I know, with wordpress, that you can make an XML copy of your work. You should do that as often as you think about it. Another thing to do would be to have a secondary site that holds all your data. This is my business, keeping data safe...Backups in the Cloud are a good idea, but it costs money. I think I'm going to do that-the XML backup.

    I'm praying that someone can help you. BTW, I invited you on LinkedIn, don't know if you're active there, but I saw your CV. Good luck hon...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have an xml backup of mommyslounge. But for some reason it wont load on this new blog. Maybe cuz I deleted mommyslounge before I transferred data to the new blog. I get the message "A valid url was not provided." So mow im stuck with an xml file with all my posts and a bunch of code. I gotta find a way to extract the posts from the rest of the codes.... Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janice, you can open that file in a text editor, in Windows, use Notepad. Search and replace anywhere the URL for your old site, replace it with your new site. I would make a copy of it first, and try that. In the new blog, also, there should be an import feature, I guess that's what doesn't work?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the import feature and yes, it doesnt work. I get, at most, one post imported. The rest are all "failed to import." "A valid url was not provided."

    And I opened the xml file on notepad - whoa! Full page of run-on codes! So I opened it on wordpad instead - got more organized codes, the way they should be seen. But geez, that's like a thousand URLs I'd have to change - one at a time! LOL. I might go crossed eyed. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment