10 I'm Afraid Of:
- touching worms – Like, eww. Right?

- accidentally farting in public – Worst nightmare. Ever.
- living without a cell phone – How did I ever live without it before they were invented???
- sharks – Even in knee-deep water, they’ve been known to attack people. ’Nuff said.
- dying in a car accident – Worst way to die, I think.
- starving to death – Okay, maybe THIS is the worst way to die.
- my kids getting kidnapped – I. Would. Die.
- dying – Am I talking too much about death? Yes. I might have some issues.
- losing my memories – Without them, who am I?
- losing my parents – I can’t imagine life without them!
car accident -- the thought terrifies me. I didn't drive until later in my 20s because it was such a phobia. And I've been in quite a few accidents - as a passgener - that it just made it worse. Now, I can't believe I not only drive myself around - but my 3 kids.
ReplyDeletethe fart thing - I can just blame on one of the kids. LOL
Well, I'm afraid of getting anyone elses insides on me...is that enough detail? For instance, baby diapers...eww. I guess I could muscle through it. But I have watched the women in my family, and have a certain...respect for them because those smells don't bother them. For me, if someone throws up near me, I'm likely to do so involuntarily...
ReplyDeleteI used to be afraid of my own shadow when it came to public speaking. I'm still scared to do "off the cuff" speaking, but proclaiming the Word at Mass, or evangelizing, no worries. I couldn't even speak about my Dad at his funeral.
I do not like displayed corpses at the funeral home. As a child, I had a nightmare that, at my grandmother's funeral she sat up in the casket and wanted to know what was going on. I'm getting used to it now that I have relatives dying a few a year. But I don't like it.
I'm no longer afraid to die, myself. And I'm ready if my wife should pass first. My spare time, in such case, will belong to the Church.
Whoa. Scary grandma dream! Thanks for the image. LOL.
ReplyDeleteI dont much mind public speaking. I had good training back in high school. And even before that, I had always been a performer and active student at school. Usually, the nervousness and stomach butterflies comes after the event for me. Funny, right?
I could blame the kids, but they're so small that it'll make me feel guilty. I just know it!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, after so many car accidents, how can u drive? Well, a mother's gotta do what she has to, I suppose. Heh.