Last Sunday, we went to a birthday party. It's been a while since we've been invited to one. It was pretty fun. I ended up being the balloon lady, but that was okay. I din't mind helping. The host was my one of my neighbors, after all.
But I was surprised that I got a bit jealous.
They had a lot of people show up. That never happens to me.
Maybe I just don't have enough RL friends. OR I throw lame parties so people don't come. I don't know.
Either way, I wished that I could have people come to my parties like that. If only there was a way to get my BLOGGY FRIENDS to come to my parties, then it would totally be a blast. Especially since they read my blog and know what's been going on in my life.
Funny that. My bloggy friends are more "in the know" than my RL friends. Depressing, to say the least.
Oh well. Moving on.
And since it's Friday, hop on over to Hilary's to join us.
This week’s co-host is Carla from Random Rambings!
This week’s statements:
1) I wear the color red a lot. I'ts my favorite color. Plus, it's a classic color and looks good on pretty much anything.
2) I think that coffee makes the world a nicer place. Ever met someone who hasn't had coffee yet? My point exactly.
3) Ugh! Not having a salary is getting on my nerves! I really wish I could contribute something - even at least enough to pay for my blog.
4) Running a 10k mudrun was a major accomplishment for me. I'm not a runner. It was my first. I thought I was gonna die. (Yay! I din't die!)
But I was surprised that I got a bit jealous.
They had a lot of people show up. That never happens to me.
Maybe I just don't have enough RL friends. OR I throw lame parties so people don't come. I don't know.
Either way, I wished that I could have people come to my parties like that. If only there was a way to get my BLOGGY FRIENDS to come to my parties, then it would totally be a blast. Especially since they read my blog and know what's been going on in my life.
Funny that. My bloggy friends are more "in the know" than my RL friends. Depressing, to say the least.
Oh well. Moving on.
And since it's Friday, hop on over to Hilary's to join us.
This week’s co-host is Carla from Random Rambings!
This week’s statements:
1) I wear the color red a lot. I'ts my favorite color. Plus, it's a classic color and looks good on pretty much anything.
2) I think that coffee makes the world a nicer place. Ever met someone who hasn't had coffee yet? My point exactly.
3) Ugh! Not having a salary is getting on my nerves! I really wish I could contribute something - even at least enough to pay for my blog.
4) Running a 10k mudrun was a major accomplishment for me. I'm not a runner. It was my first. I thought I was gonna die. (Yay! I din't die!)

I'm totally okay with smaller, more intimate parties. My extended family is Huge - and those events can get crowded and loud (but I wouldn't trade them for anything in the world), and since my house is fairly small....it's better. And at some point, I just go into sensation overload. probably because I have noise of children around me all the time.
ReplyDeleteBut I'd totally come to your party!
I like Red too....but I don't buy any. weird.
Oh yeah....I don't have any money either. ;)
Congrats on the 10k!
ReplyDeletethere is something to be said about blog friends - they are great!
ReplyDeletePersonally I like small parties much better than big ones… it is more "real"
Blog friends are great indeed! And small parties are nice too, but even getting that many people is hard for me to do.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I'm trying to build up courage to do another one. ;)
ReplyDeleteYes. You're weird. All the better cuz I am too. Perfect match, you and I. ;)
ReplyDeleteAnd I had a huge family (cousins and aunts and uncles) who I grew up with in the Philippines, so I got used to big family gatherings. That's probably why small parties get to me sometimes.
I know exactly what you mean with no. 3. Done that for a couple of years and it was o.k., but... I definitely missed having 'my own money'. Hm, I'm pretty much the same as you with parties. I am not too big on socializing, on or off internet, that doesn't really matter. So, having a big party is really unusual for me and it happened only a couple of times due to my hubby and his friends who became my friends. And while those parties are fun, I, too, prefer the more intimate smaller gatherings. But, I guess, it is all a matter of perspective - kind like the saying: The grass is always greener on the other side of the hill :)
ReplyDeleteFunny you mention that saying. I always say that to myself whenever I get jealous or envious about something. :)
ReplyDeleteWe don't do large parties, because I'm always the cook, and I don't have enough cookware to cook for large parties. When it's big groups, we go out to Chinese buffets. :) For example, we had a thank you brunch after Mass on Sunday for the choir, because I asked the pianist and lead from our new parish to play for my ina-anaks' wedding, and they just said "ok". We paid the singer, but the pianist played for free. And the core of the choir showed up, just because. So we had the pianist and husband, singer and wife, and the four who volunteered, plus us, plus the groom's parents, and took them to a buffet. We sat, ate, and laughed for three and a half hours. It cost $170, but no cleanup. I was the only white guy there. Everyone else was pinoy/pinay.
ReplyDeleteMy wife is my fashion coordinator, she always asks me what I want to wear, and I just say "You choose." Unless I really want to wear something (like team colors). She's having fun decorating me since I lost 25 lbs in the last year...(yes, I'm bragging). She buys and wears lots of red, and she buys and I wear lots of red.
Can I suggest something, whenever you wish you had a salary? Just hug your hubby and say "Thanks". Not many men could do it by themselves. So you're the support team. In my house, I cook, she cleans, I take care of finances. When we had kids at home, she took care of all that. She always had an income, except when she was hospitalized, and me, except when I was unemployed. I think you will be thankful later on. Your kids will remember your sacrifice...
Our first date was "coffee" . And we haven't had a day without coffee since...25 years of coffee...
Aww. You guys sound so sweet together. 25 years of coffee.... And I love Asian Buffets. They have everything. If I could go there every time we had a big gathering, I would. But my husband doesn't like to spend much money on eating out like that. He would rather entertain and be comfortable at home. I don't mind. At least right bow since it's hard to eat out with my 2 year old...
ReplyDeleteAnd yay for the 25 lbs! She likes to "decorate" you... Too funny.
Ya know, it's so funny, although I'm a big burley guy, people say we're so cute together. And since we do nearly everything together, if we're apart, we always hear "Where's your wife?" Or "where's your husband". Yes, and actually it's closer to 30 lbs. I used to be an NFL lineman, at least in weight. Now I'm a linebacker (or some QB's). I'm considering adding to my walk at lunch...:)
ReplyDelete