Rain

It’s Fall season. My favorite out of the four in the year. And the best part, for me, is when it rains. I love the smell of newly wet earth. I like hearing the sound of raindrops on the roof and the ground. There’s always at least a gentle wind that comes with rain, and it makes the leaves rustle just enough to make lovely music – especially at night. But for this poem, I looked at things from the raindrops’ point of view…

[caption id="attachment_6458" align="aligncenter" width="540"]child-and-rain Photo taken from Trinity Children's Home - a Philippine foundation to build a Children’s Castle Orphanage in the mountains of Cebu for abandoned and abused children.[/caption]

~ RAINDROPS ~


rain, rain, rain


falling without a sound


how did we look from up there


before you hit the ground
did we look like busy ants


going to and fro


or like schools of fishes


who don’t know where to go


did you see some of us


sleeping in the cold


while others stay wide awake


hoping to win some fool’s gold


did you notice the men


driving in fancy cars


passing by the children


whose hearts are full of scars


did you pass by the woman


whose hands are full from shopping


as another kneels at church


crying and praying


did you see what God sees


people with despair


what did you see up there


way up in the air

Comments

  1. Love how you make time for creative writing. I need to do this more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I can't wait til it rains more around here. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. Poetry is a stress reliever for me. I need to do it more too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment