The Only Thing Left

leaves dancing with the breeze
melodious birds whistling in the trees


below, a brook that babbles news from afar
above, a canvas for the Northern Star


the field where wild things play
where the sun smiles forever and a day


in this place where love was sworn
I stand alone forlorn


all the beauty that I see
what good are they since you’ve left me


there is nothing left


only me


Alone-Tree

Comments

  1. that's so sad.....and beautiful.
    someone needs a hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall really is a sad time...the trees losing their leaves, and all. That's why, I believe, there's so many festivals during fall. The days are shorter, so people need to celebrate. Halloween, Football, Thanksgiving...

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny though how eventhough it's a sad season, it's still my favorite. i love the feeling and scent of fall the most.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment