I'm not high maintenance. I'm really not.
It doesn't take much to make me satisfied. The keyword is COMFORTABLE.
As long as it makes me comfortable, I'm good. No more work needed to make me happy.
What makes me comfy? These:

Any of these apply to you? What have you got differently?
{Linking up with Stasha at The Good Life}
It doesn't take much to make me satisfied. The keyword is COMFORTABLE.
As long as it makes me comfortable, I'm good. No more work needed to make me happy.
What makes me comfy? These:

- a cup of coffee
- socks on cold days / flip-flops on warm days
- hair tie (pony tails rock!)
- pandex shorts - yep, I was a volleyballer...
- rain
- yoga pants (but I don't do yoga)
- cheerful children
- napping kids
- being in a bookstore or library
- when the husband comes home safely at the end of the day
Any of these apply to you? What have you got differently?
{Linking up with Stasha at The Good Life}
Well...we share books and coffee on our lists...I think a lot of people put coffee on their list.
ReplyDeleteI completely forgot about how comforting the rain is...I love the sound of it...I also love thunderstorms - even though the crackle of thunder can be quite disturbing...I like them.
Happy Listicles Monday.
#9!! I didn't even think about that, but I love the library and the bookstore! Good one. ;)
ReplyDeleteWell, yes, coffee. A glass of wine. Baking anything, especially good bread. Scuba diving (especially with turtles and whales). Entering my parish Church. Getting home at the end of the day to a hug and a kiss. Watching my weight drop...
ReplyDeleteActually, I don't care so much about comfort, but it's easy to say that when you're comfortable, just like it's easy to say "I don't worry about money" when you know darn good and well that you have enough. But after being in the Navy, and spending lots of time in the same room with seventy of my closest friends, many of them snoring and making man-noises, I can get comfortable anywhere, just about.
By the way, I think pony tails rock, too. I like yoga pants, but not on me. I like spandex shorts, too, but not on me. hehehe. And I love rain, especially when I can walk in it, like in the tropics.
I wondered if you had any family in the Philippines affected by the Typhoon, and to let you know that the country is in my prayers.
Totally forgot to add bookstore or library to my list...but it will be on next Monday's listicle!
ReplyDeletedefinitely coffee.
ReplyDeleteand my fire is going - while we have a mild storm outside.
(but no snow that lingers around just yet - yeah!)
a neat house! oh that is the impossible dream right now. LOL
but I will settle for the illusion of clean some days.
And definitely when hubby comes home safely at the end of the day. or night.
I am almost to the point where I don't have napping kids. I am mourning my loss. Yoga pants really are the best.
ReplyDeleteHey. THunderstorms! I love those too. I'm terrified of being struck by lightning - even if I'm inside - but I love the atmosphere in a thunderstorm. You know what I mean?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Adrienne! If I could go to those two places everyday, I totally would!
ReplyDeleteThat's pretty funny - "man-noises"!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm glad you don't wear yoga pants or spandex. Good call on that one. I don't think your Navy friends would let that one go if you did. haha!
(p.s. Thanks for your concern. I do have family in the Philippines. Thankfully though, they are all safe - they live north of the storm's path.)
Library and bookstore seems to be a common answer. I'm not surprised though. We are all bloggers and therefore love to read, after all, right? Thanks for stopping by, Phoebe!
ReplyDeleteThe illusion of clean takes over this house much too often. How about your neck of the woods?
ReplyDeleteI'm getting there too, Stacey. I'm bravely fighting it everyday though! LOL
ReplyDeleteAnd yoga pants? Yes, please. In black. So it looks more slimming. ;)
My wife wouldn't like it either...lol. It's funny, I have one guy from my checkered Navy past that I'm still in touch with. If you call it that. And he and I never shared living quarters-I met him when I was shore-stationed. It's really weird, though-he works in the town I live in, small place, and lives less than 10 min away, yet he doesn't seem to like to meet up, unless I see him at his church. Then we can talk for days. I don't get that.
ReplyDeleteYes, my family lives in Luzon, but my wife and I recently spent a couple days in Bohol, visited many of the heritage churches that were damaged in the earthquake. And I have video of all of them! If I can find the DVD it's stored on...
It's funny. The half marathoner is talking about 'slimmig'...too much!
ReplyDeleteI can relate to all except 4, 8, 10. I don't wear those shorts but my version are the running shorts with built in underloos. Aaaahhh...my summer staple. It has been a loooooong time since I've had napping bebes in the house but I do remember that feeling. My Hubs works from home, so his commute is a quick turn up a flight of stairs. :)
ReplyDeleteSo.....um....what are underloos? I will have to "google" that! ;^)
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to hear your family is in Luzon too. And how nice you are able to visit those churches. Must've been a sight to see them destroyed like that, though.
ReplyDelete