She made me a mother for the very first time.
And I felt different kinds of joys, different kinds of pains.
I had all sorts of hopes and fears too.
I made new mistakes and learned to give a little more of myself.
I lost countless hours of sleep but in return, gained her unwavering trust in me.
There were days I thought I couldn't make it - I wasn't cut out to be a mother.
But all the doubts would be quickly erased by the simple sound of her giggle.
My reason for being is renewed at the sight of her smiling face.
And every day, for nine years, she's taught me how to be a mother.
And for a hundred years more, I hope she continues to brighten my day and warm my heart.
Happy 9th Birthday to my first angel on earth!
And I felt different kinds of joys, different kinds of pains.
I had all sorts of hopes and fears too.
I made new mistakes and learned to give a little more of myself.
I lost countless hours of sleep but in return, gained her unwavering trust in me.
There were days I thought I couldn't make it - I wasn't cut out to be a mother.
But all the doubts would be quickly erased by the simple sound of her giggle.
My reason for being is renewed at the sight of her smiling face.
And every day, for nine years, she's taught me how to be a mother.
And for a hundred years more, I hope she continues to brighten my day and warm my heart.
Happy 9th Birthday to my first angel on earth!
[inlinkz_linkup id=342896 mode=1 pageSize=300]


Awww....Happy Birthday to her.
ReplyDelete9 so far is a pretty cool age I am discovering with my son.
they are so much more independent (and opinionated), but still want hugs and kisses from mom too.
And you can have the coolest conversations because they really are starting to understand the world in a whole new way: which is sometimes sad --- but still an adventure too.
independent and opinionated. so very true. many time out days, i tell you, many.
ReplyDeleteand thanks for the birthday wishes. :)