Ravishing red maple leaves
swishing with the gentle breeze
odd orange jack-o-lanterns
bunched up under the trees
youthful yellow jackets
getting fewer by the day
gorgeous green grass-laced paths
turning brownish everyday
blissful blue skies
speckled with birds migrating
ill-boding indigo horizon
bringing fearful thunder and lightning
vibrant violet sunsets
turning mountains to purple majesties
Autumn.
Photos of Autumn credits:
1) http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35900000/Autumn-autumn-35926487-1920-1080.jpg
2) http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/102177/inverze_na_sumave.jpg
3) http://www.tapeteos.pl/data/media/649/big/jesien_1920x1080_002.jpg
4) http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/autumn-sky-robin-pross.jpg
5) https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEixgRNOkPxaLzxvJGOjD7ET_-8PU299EnYK_OSrhgwFBxRm8fm9TIVWMkrkXA2jixTo-iQGd5AG7XfO2htcGpcGFLtHhJPCjISLeIxz4HJt1xUtE08qVlnKHqT7chW4DimM2SZpzm7nbr-c/s1600/
autumn-skies-wall-inkbluesky.png
6) http://www.socwall.com/images/wallpapers/34412-1920x1200.jpg
swishing with the gentle breeze
odd orange jack-o-lanterns
bunched up under the trees
youthful yellow jackets
getting fewer by the day
gorgeous green grass-laced paths
turning brownish everyday
blissful blue skies
speckled with birds migrating
ill-boding indigo horizon
bringing fearful thunder and lightning
vibrant violet sunsets
turning mountains to purple majesties
Autumn.
Photos of Autumn credits:
1) http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/35900000/Autumn-autumn-35926487-1920-1080.jpg
2) http://i1.trekearth.com/photos/102177/inverze_na_sumave.jpg
3) http://www.tapeteos.pl/data/media/649/big/jesien_1920x1080_002.jpg
4) http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/autumn-sky-robin-pross.jpg
5) https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEixgRNOkPxaLzxvJGOjD7ET_-8PU299EnYK_OSrhgwFBxRm8fm9TIVWMkrkXA2jixTo-iQGd5AG7XfO2htcGpcGFLtHhJPCjISLeIxz4HJt1xUtE08qVlnKHqT7chW4DimM2SZpzm7nbr-c/s1600/
autumn-skies-wall-inkbluesky.png
6) http://www.socwall.com/images/wallpapers/34412-1920x1200.jpg

Oh yes, those changes in autumn are so very subtle, but yet very evident. It always saddens me when I see the birds migrating, knowing they will not return until spring.
ReplyDeleteWow! I take it the photos are from you part of the world. The colours are magnificent! And you paint a vivid picture by your words. This was a bit of an eye-opener for me. Autumn in Scandinavia is dark. There are fantastic colours in the small, in the falling leaves specifically. But the overall picture is soberity. Autumn tempers and suggests introversion. But with the colours you paint, autumn organize. What organizes to us is the snow. God works in miraculous ways!
ReplyDeleteah - purple majesties indeed...so much magic in a sunset...love the use of color here...and i love an indigo sky...
ReplyDeleteYes, migrating birds are beautiful and saddening at the same time. Mostly though, it makes me wonder where they all come from - so many in the skies, but I hardly see any around...
ReplyDeleteIndeed, truly miraculous - especially how differently He paints different parts of the world. Still, there is beauty in even the smallest of things. ..smiles..
ReplyDeleteThanks, Claudia. I think that Autumn sunsets are the best out of the 4 seasons... ...smiles...
ReplyDeletenice...i love your walk through the colors and hte beauty of our world and the seasons....loving th display of those sunsets as well...
ReplyDeleteJanice, this is awesome use of a palette.. like a painter.. where we live we are past most colors and submerged in grey and brown.. but the vivid colors you paint make me remember how it was a month ago.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful picture of autumn. I like how you did the poem with colored text in the graphic.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Brian. It's always a treat to me whenever I get to see so many colors at once like that. ...smiles...
ReplyDeleteThank you. Luckily for us, we aren't in the grey and browns yet - although I do think they have a beauty of their own too. But at least for you, you were able to enjoy a time of color, right?
ReplyDeleteThanks, Nara. Autumn is my favorite season. The colored text, I thought, would be a subtle, added touch to the poem. ...smiles...
ReplyDeleteNice pictures!
ReplyDeleteI got snow. Lots of it. Probably first Snow Day from school tomorrow.
I miss Autumn.
So.....have you got snow day? I've never had a snow day!!!!
ReplyDeleteLovely - autumn begs to be encapsulated in colour, and this a is lovely use of it. Great imagery. I love that it's gentle, with a touch of wistfulness.
ReplyDeleteYour words are beautiful in the expression of Autumn..the thing I like about autumn the most is that I can breathe better in Florida..as my sinuses are almost totally congenitally blocked from birth..it as if the Fall renewed oxygen fuels the energy of my life force once again..when the first cold front comes to sweep the humidity away..
ReplyDeleteNot many colors here really..but air..and air..and more air finally...
I also love the energy of my body giving IT instead of the heat of Summer continuously giving it to me IN holding back the explosion of energy that can be Winter and me...
So smiles and I enjoyed rejoicing with you in your words of lovely autumn as IS...
Thanks for the compliment! I prefer cold weather over hot any day of the year. I like that internal heat too - as opposed to the heat of the beating sun.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the compliment. I love autumn definitely for its colors - as well as the feeling in the air....smiles....
ReplyDelete