It was a pretty fun halloween. I didn't even mind being on candy duty. It was fun seeing all the kids at my door, asking for candy. The cutest were the toddlers and babies carried by their dads. My favorite was a little baby dressed up as a flower, sleeping with her head on her dad's shoulder, not even caring about all the candy she's missing.
My kids had fun too. It was our first halloween in our neighborhood so we didn't know what to expect. There were so many trick or treaters! I was just thankful I didn't run out of candy. I had exactly one bowl left before no one came-a-knockin'.
I didn't dress up, but the kids and the hubs did. My mom too. The kids and I painted pumpkins. The hubs power tool- carved a pumpkin. And I had to take pictures! Because I know they will love looking back at yesterday's fun times.
Ahhh.....memories.
Now for some Friday Fill-In Fun!
Each week, Hilary plans on listing four statements with a blank for us to fill in on our own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop!
This week’s co-host is Pam from Trouppetrie! She came up with the last two statements! Hilary REALLY, REALLY, REALLY NEEDS SOME STATEMENTS!
She would LOVE it if you could please help her spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…
This week’s statements:
1) I eat a lot of ___ in the ____
2) Mornings are ___ in my house even though I _____
3) I would love to learn about ___ but do not want to have to ___
4) I would be willing to give up ______ to save money but would never compromise ___
My answers:
1) I eat a lot of chocolates in the closet (so the kids won't ask for any).
2) Mornings are lively in my house even though I am still half awake (the "lively" part comes from the other members of the household).
3) I would love to learn about computer science but do not want to have to get another student loan to pay for.
4) I would be willing to give up buying balloons for the kids, whenever they ask me with their puppy dog eyes, to save money but would never compromise being their favorite parent! Hehehehe.
My kids had fun too. It was our first halloween in our neighborhood so we didn't know what to expect. There were so many trick or treaters! I was just thankful I didn't run out of candy. I had exactly one bowl left before no one came-a-knockin'.
I didn't dress up, but the kids and the hubs did. My mom too. The kids and I painted pumpkins. The hubs power tool- carved a pumpkin. And I had to take pictures! Because I know they will love looking back at yesterday's fun times.
Ahhh.....memories.
Now for some Friday Fill-In Fun!
Each week, Hilary plans on listing four statements with a blank for us to fill in on our own blogs. If you want to join the fun and come up with four fill in’s of your own, please email them to her. If she uses them, she will add you as co-host to the hop!
This week’s co-host is Pam from Trouppetrie! She came up with the last two statements! Hilary REALLY, REALLY, REALLY NEEDS SOME STATEMENTS!
She would LOVE it if you could please help her spread the word about this hop…. So, please tweet, FaceBook share, and add the linky to your post…
This week’s statements:
1) I eat a lot of ___ in the ____
2) Mornings are ___ in my house even though I _____
3) I would love to learn about ___ but do not want to have to ___
4) I would be willing to give up ______ to save money but would never compromise ___
My answers:
1) I eat a lot of chocolates in the closet (so the kids won't ask for any).
2) Mornings are lively in my house even though I am still half awake (the "lively" part comes from the other members of the household).
3) I would love to learn about computer science but do not want to have to get another student loan to pay for.
4) I would be willing to give up buying balloons for the kids, whenever they ask me with their puppy dog eyes, to save money but would never compromise being their favorite parent! Hehehehe.




I love chocolate!
ReplyDeleteI love the closet chocolate eating!
ReplyDeleteI "sort" the kids candy after they go to bed. All hard candy goes in the garbage because they can't eat it. The chips they don't like get put in a bag and I find some way to unload them. This year they went to the hunt camp with my dad. But the best part is I pick out all the mini chocolate bars I just know (of course) they won't like, put them in a ziplock bag in the freezer. I filled a size large ziploc to almost bursting this year AND they still ended up with 2 giant bowls of candy!!
ReplyDeleteI'm not too lively in the morning either - but my kids bounce out of bed. Nature is not fair. haha
I LOVE the way the pumpkins turned out, and the costumes are adorable! And I can totally relate to all of your fill-in-blank answers. :D
ReplyDeleteOh boy, chocolate in the cabinet... the things you do, huh?! But I can totally see that ;) Computer science would be great to learn
ReplyDeleteRight now, it's chocolates in the master closet. The kids haven't figured out to look in there. Hehehe. ;)
ReplyDeleteI loved the pumpkins too. I'm kinda excited to do more designs for next year!
ReplyDeleteMy kids would eat ALL the candy if I let them. So yes, I pick out stuff for their own good. ;)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it just a motherly thing to do? We wouldn't want our kids to get all those cavities! ;)
ReplyDeleteDITTO!!!! :D
ReplyDelete