I won't tell you how old she is, but she is definitely young at heart.
She had to work today (boo, right?) so we'll be celebrating her birthday tomorrow. Until party time, I'm dedicating this post to her. I'm so very lucky to have her as my mom. Always there for me and the best grandma to my kids. Pretty good mother-in-law to the Hubs too!
I wish you all could meet her in person because she's the kind of person who brightens up the room. Any party is never complete without her. (Just ask her friends. They'd gladly accommodate the party date just so she could go!)
My childhood has been a happy one because of her. She's taught me how to be a cheerful person. I owe her my ability of having a positive outlook in life. And I'm absolutely sure too, that other people's lives have been touched by her happiness.
To me, she is truly an angel of God. To me, she is PERFECTION.
[caption id="attachment_6598" align="alignnone" width="600"]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY![/caption]
PERFECTION
And when the world turns its back on me
Your face, dear Mother, is what I see
Your outstretched arms for me to run to
And my world is no longer blue
The tears you’ve shed in your nightly prayer
Just so I’ll be safe wherever I fare
I thank you, dear Mother, for every whispered plea
That all of Heaven should look after me
Your hands that brushed my teeth
Your soothing touch, to help me breathe
The uncounted kisses each time that I’d fret
These, dear Mother, I won’t ever forget
You guided me with your wisdom
You shielded me from harm
I know, dear Mother, you sacrificed your time
Just to make my childhood days sublime
Dear Mother
Dear Mother
I’m letting the world hear
That you, my mother most dear
Without fear of any objection
That YOU ARE PERFECTION.
She had to work today (boo, right?) so we'll be celebrating her birthday tomorrow. Until party time, I'm dedicating this post to her. I'm so very lucky to have her as my mom. Always there for me and the best grandma to my kids. Pretty good mother-in-law to the Hubs too!
I wish you all could meet her in person because she's the kind of person who brightens up the room. Any party is never complete without her. (Just ask her friends. They'd gladly accommodate the party date just so she could go!)
My childhood has been a happy one because of her. She's taught me how to be a cheerful person. I owe her my ability of having a positive outlook in life. And I'm absolutely sure too, that other people's lives have been touched by her happiness.
To me, she is truly an angel of God. To me, she is PERFECTION.
[caption id="attachment_6598" align="alignnone" width="600"]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOMMY![/caption]PERFECTION
And when the world turns its back on me
Your face, dear Mother, is what I see
Your outstretched arms for me to run to
And my world is no longer blue
The tears you’ve shed in your nightly prayer
Just so I’ll be safe wherever I fare
I thank you, dear Mother, for every whispered plea
That all of Heaven should look after me
Your hands that brushed my teeth
Your soothing touch, to help me breathe
The uncounted kisses each time that I’d fret
These, dear Mother, I won’t ever forget
You guided me with your wisdom
You shielded me from harm
I know, dear Mother, you sacrificed your time
Just to make my childhood days sublime
Dear Mother
Dear Mother
I’m letting the world hear
That you, my mother most dear
Without fear of any objection
That YOU ARE PERFECTION.
Beautiful tribute! she has that kind of smile that you just know draws people to her.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your mommy!!
And I may just steal your poem on Mother's Day :)
Thanks! She does have that smile!
ReplyDeleteAnd you can totally steal from me. There. I gave you permission, so technically, you won't be stealing. Now your soul is safe. lol