I Love This Sound

If you walked by my house at any given time of day, you would think that I had a dozen kids running a muck here.

Everything they do requires noise that surpasses the recommended safe decibels limit for human ears.

I'm in my early thirties, but I probably have the hearing capability of a 50 year old.  My eardrums have taken a beating since my first child was born.

Non-stop, I tell you.  Non-stop.

But in the evenings, there's one sound that I absolutely love hearing...

That is my husband reading to our kids.

I think that children will always remember their father's voice.  And I'm glad that my children won't just imagine an authoritative voice when they think of their dad someday.

It's my hope, instead, that they will remember his loving voice - as he read to them every night...

reading with dad


{Linking up with MamaKat}


 

Comments

  1. That is great! We read to our kids when they were younger too and they loved it. I hope that this is something they will always remember too.

    (visiting from Mama Kat's)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting! And I love hearing parents are reading to their kids at home. It really is good for them. And I hope my husband and kids continue this bonding habit as long as possible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my hubby reads to the kids on the nights he is home too. well, at least the girls.
    Boy at 9 years now does his own reading in bed for awhile. but it's so cute - he wants to read all his daddy's books. Which was fine for The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings (yes, he read them both at 8 years old!), but not so good when he spied a Stephen King novel on the nightstand! So we steered him towards the Harry Potter series. He is now on the 5th book. And it some of the best conversations hearing the two of them talk about these books.
    Almost as good as when poor daddy has to read another Barbie story. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how it feels to have a little one who devours books...we had to put some of our books to the top most shelf too! Yes, stephen king is waaaay up there! lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment