Les said to let her know what one thing we do NOT like to share...
I'd like to think I'm a very generous person. I mean, after all, I've shared pretty much everything with my family.
Simple list:
- my bed
- my desserts
- my blankets
- my sleeping hours
- my precious phone
- even my tablet!
- my coffee (gasp, I know, but the hubs needed to stay awake)
- my different-colored, ultra-fine Sharpie pens
- my chocolate (ok, so I was forced to...)
See what I mean? I'm generous, right?
And I'd like to think that my example hasn't been lost on my kids. But somehow, I think that they're still a long way to go in this whole sharing gig...
Take the little dude, for example. He will not, not for a million bucks or any other toy, he will not share his Dinosaur Blanket and Tiger. EVER.
The hubs is seriously questioning my judgement on letting his son get attached to those two things. But what can I do? He throws a hissy fit if we leave them in his crib and if anyone takes them.
Anyway, he's totally cute, right? I'm sure he'll outgrow them someday.
Someday...
For now it makes him happy. So they stay.
Does your little one have a fave thing or two, too? Or used to have? Do share a pic if you have one!
[inlinkz_linkup id=345292]


well, you know by my post, that my 3 are still carrying around their lovies that they sleep with. And mine are 4, 6, and 9. They also have blankets - I didn't picture those in the chat post -- but those have to stay in their beds - or at the very least in the house.
ReplyDeleteBut you know, I don't think it's a big deal. I get the desire to have something familiar with you - especially when you are going into unfamiliar territory. which kids do a lot. OR, to even have your lovie share in your adventures.
I say no harm..... I took my fave one to university with me! And I'm completely normal. right? :)
Ah, my 'little ones'...Did you see my blog? I found out the other day that my oldest granddaughter got married. In 'secret'. Mom and Dad knew, but none of the Lolos and Lolas. Of course, my stepdaughters, two of three of them, have alienated themselves from their mother, and all I can do is say...nothing. So because of this, I'm disconnected from ALL 9 grandkids. Lola saw the other Lolo in church one fine day, and over the course of a couple of weeks, he convinced her to contact the granddaughter, because, you know girls, they talk. (All Lolo worries about is money-not me, the other one).
ReplyDeleteSo, she married a sailor, an enlisted boy, who's based in SD. I told her to keep in touch with me, cuz I was one of them sailor boys in SD back in the day, and I could tell her a thing or two. But to keep her faith (she's three-quarters Catholic and one-quarter something else-Mom isn't. Dad, and all grandfolks are...) and when he ships out, her faith will save her. I gotta say, she says she doesn't wanna make any of Mom and Dad's mistakes, so hopefully...she has her head on straight.
What do I not like to share? I'll share almost anything. After 42 years of being a selfish &&&&&&&&&& it's about time I shared....
Sorry to hear about your grandkids. Grandkids are supposed to bring extra special joy to grandparents. But I suppose God has his own plans for them and you. I hope that someday you will all find reconciliation with each other. ...SMILES...
ReplyDeleteYes. You're normal. Did you need me to confirm that? Lol
ReplyDelete