Totally Old School

Dang, people.  This is totally gonna be old school!


First, Mamakat asked for an old school song that makes us happy.  For some reason, "Tha Crossroads" by Bone Thugs N Harmony was the first thing that came to my mind.  I'm not a big rap fan, but this song was probably just an old school icon for me (1995, yo).


Why does it make me happy when it has gangsters and people dying?

Well, I suppose because the theme I get from it is HOPE.

And hope helps chase away despair and sadness.  Right?


So watch the cool VEVO and then scroll down for some Old School Blogging - courtesy of Elaine and Brittany!



Old School Blogging (circa 2008)



Where is your cell phone? next to me. all. the. time.

Your significant other?  the smartest guy I know!
Your hair? yuck.  dull and frizzy. I need a visit to the salon soon.
Your mother? is wonderful. Sure, she spoils my kids, but I can always count on her for anything.
Your father?
 is the cutest thing ever - especially when I pinch his nose. He can't get away from me!
Your favorite thing? chocolate and ice cream
Your dream last night? I was too tired to have a dream.
Your favorite drink? Vanilla Rootbeer Float! (or coffee)
Your dream/goal?  have a big and happy family
The room you are in? my mom's living room - I've taken over for the day.
classroom at grandmas2
Your fear? car accidents
Where do you want to be in six years? on earth anywhere. Being alive is enough for me.
Where were you last night? on the couch watching Veggietales - without the kids, husband sleeping next to me. (Don't laugh. You do it too.)
What are you not? a good swimmer. I really do need to take swimming lessons.  Good thing summer's still far away!
Muffins? Meh. I prefer cookies.
One of your wish list items? Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)!!!!
Where you grew up? Philippines (first 1/2), California (second 1/2)
The last thing you did? put the toddler down for a nap
wpid-wp-1375989916387.jpg
What are you wearing? red workout sweats, red t-shirt, and tennis shoes (I was planning to work out...soon...)
Your TV? off most of the time. We don't have cable or satellite.  We have Roku and watch Netflix and Amazon prime on it (and whatever else that's free.)
Your pets? Two birds - Marina and Princess.Your computer? HP G72 Laptop. I need a new one - but waiting until they don't have Windows 8 anymore. Also, are ultrabooks pretty good?
Your life? crazy but happy
Your mood? stressed, irritable, unmotivated (PMS, anyone?)
Missing someone? my RL friends
Your Car? Sienna. But I miss my red Mazda CX9!!!
Something you are not wearing? make-up (you don't want to see that)
Favorite store? IKEA and Cost Plus
Your summer? too short!
Like someone? my toddler.  He's the cutest!
PhotoGrid_1380736500346
Your favorite color? RED
When was the last time you laughed? Earlier today, when Suzie started dancing while listening to Kermit the Frog sing.
Last time you cried? About a week ago…
What is one thing on your To-Do list?  Do. The. Dishes.  (pretty much on my list everyday)


I'm tagging Leslie and Susi, but all y'all can link up with Elaine and Brittany and join the fun.  Remember to tweet them @elainea and @BrittanyVandy, hashtag #OSBlog!

Comments

  1. I couldn't see the video here -- will just play Ice Ice Baby in my head while I reply. LOL
    Your toddler is the cutest -- I love that so tired flat on back arms over head pose. that's my middle daughter. as soon as her eyes open she starts moving ...and talking!!... and doesn't stop either all day until her body finally drops from exhaustion. And that is a hard fought battle in of itself.
    We share the same like: LOVE rootbeer floats!! cannot believe my children won't drink them with me.
    And the same fear: I used to be practically terrified to drive. slowly got over it, but I still get nervous.
    I always say I am going to do this Old School Blogging thing.....and then I completely forget about it. I've had the draft saved several times......but somehow my brain doesn't get to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do this on my blog cuz I'm just not too much about me, I guess, so I'll do it on yours...especially the first one, cuz something funny happened just this morning...

    Where is your cell phone? The only reason I have one is cuz work must call sometimes. I took my phone, mifi, and listening device, and being helpful brought my wife's phone downstairs, and stuck all of them in my backpack, and then left for work with her phone in my bag...:)

    Your significant other? I'm unworthy of my significant other. Really.
    Your hair? just cut Monday, so not much of it. I get skinned every two weeks!
    Your mother? is in love, has a new boyfriend at 85.
    Your father? even though I didn't show him much love when I was home, he taught me lots, and I wish I could show him that...he died just before Katrina
    Your favorite thing? cooking for family and friends
    Your dream last night? I went to Mass today, and no priest showed up, so I presided.
    Your favorite drink? red wine, and Kirkland Green Tea
    Your dream/goal? be a deacon
    The room you are in? my office.
    Your fear? dying before my wife
    Where do you want to be in six years? serving the faithful in the Philippines and living on my retirement
    Where were you last night? had a get-together with work-folks at a wine bar, then home and bed watching Fox News.
    What are you not? a good planner. I roll with the punches
    Muffins? Cheesecake. Not Sarah Lee, either. I made a white-chocolate, cranberry cheesecake for family a couple weeks ago. It was deeeelish.
    One of your wish list items? GoPro Hero 3+ for underwater and low light (pilgrimage next summer)
    Where you grew up? New Orleans (Go Saints!)
    The last thing you did? Work stuff
    What are you wearing? Jeans and Tommy Hilfiger polo shirt
    Your TV? Sports most of the time. We have four, and there's two of us living in the house. And lots of reality stuff on Discovery Channel. Anything Alaska. As for brands, two Samsung, and two Sharp, all flat screens, oldest is 6 years old, newest 6 months old.
    Your pets? Used to have salt water aquaria, but gave it up. Now, watching wild birds.
    Your computer? HP All In One touchscreen at home, work laptop.
    Your life? happy
    Your mood? Glad that my life lets me work out regularly and live well.
    Missing someone? my Dad
    Your Car? Hyundai Tucson.
    Something you are not wearing? spandex (you (nobody) don’t want to see that)
    Favorite store? Costco-by far
    Your summer? Summer???
    Like someone? Lots of folks I like...
    Your favorite color? RED
    When was the last time you laughed? Earlier today.
    Last time you cried? Every few days at Mass…
    What is one thing on your To-Do list? Organize

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know about the video. Will try to fix it now.
    ANd Yay for rootbeer floats! We ought to have that along with coffee someday when me meet in RL. Yes?
    And old school blogging - great for days when I have no idea what to write about! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's weird. I tried the video on Chrome, FireFox, and IE...and they all worked.
    Maybe check your Flash Player plugin on your browser? Need an update? Or were you watching on your phone?
    Let me know. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So....did she look for her cell phone all day? LOL
    And it's weird hearing "old" people (your mom at 85) have boy/girlfriends. But anywho, I hope she's happy. ;)
    Dying before a significant other is one of my fears too.
    Hey! I watch Fox news too! On Roku, we watch the shows that were aired later that day. We only have time at night to watch, so it's not so bad - we get all the good stuff without commercials and still get to keep up with current events. I like Fox news and the way they've been covering all this Obamacare stuff...
    Wow. 4 tvs? That used to be my family in high school. Living room, my room, my brother's, and my parent's.
    I'm sorry you're missing your dad - but I'm sure he knows how you feel now, wherever he is.
    Organize. I need to that with my pantry!

    Thanks for playing along, David!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually caught myself, but still too late, I was on the nonstop bus to the city when I found out. I called her at home before she started looking.

    I don't particularly like hearing about her boyfriend, but I get it. She wants a companion, like my grandmother had after her husband died. They never married, were chaste by all accounts, but he was like my sub grandfather.

    The living room TV seldom gets used, except for big sporting events or company, or when I work out with my Wii Fit. There's another in the office that seldom gets used. So really it's dining room and bedroom. The TV in the bedroom is 3D and has internet connection-you can watch YouTube on it, but it has little memory, so it's choppy.

    Sometimes even Fox News is depressing. I'm glad they're covering politics honestly. I know there's a lot not being said on the networks and CNN.
    I know he knows, but I regret not letting him know when he was here...
    If you came in my house, you wouldn't know it's disorganized. Everything that's not organized is behind a closet door, in 1/2 the garage or our shed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pictures of your kids are adorable... I especially love the one of your toddler napping. I wish I could sleep that relaxed and peaceful! :-) Thanks for sharing a glimpse into your life today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean. I wish I could sleep like that too. (And thanks for stopping by!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute pics of your little guy!

    I'm usually too tired to have a dream too.

    Thanks so much for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meet ya at the crossroads! Yes, totally brings me back to 8th grade. I definitely jammed to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yay! I wasn't the only girl to like that song? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment