
Before I had you
I had time enough for me
The world was always there
A place for me to be
I didn’t have to think
I could just always do
Or just do nothing all day
Really, its true!
I can vaguely remember
How being alone feels
To hear my own thoughts
To feel I am real
And then…
I had you
And you
And you
And everything changed
I lost myself
And found someone better
Or am I still here…
just melded with the other?
A different title
I’ve acquired
Not me, myself, or I…
but Mother
And time which before
seemed so very long
Now feels so sadly short
for our hearts to sing our songs
Because you grow so quickly
And time’s a’flying
And it’s my job
to keep you smiling
I was given a gift
a gift better than any other
I was given a gift
the time to be a Mother.
:)
ReplyDelete<3
so sweet
Thanks. ;)
ReplyDelete