Are You My Mother?
What just happened?
Why am I cold?
Is it always this bright?
What is this world?
I was told there’d be
an angel waiting
to take care of me
a mother most loving
Are you my mother?
I’ve noticed you come
everytime that I cry
I admit that your voice
lifts my spirits high
Night or day
Indoors or out
You can make me smile
whenever I pout
I ask you truly
please do not lie
Why do you these things?
Say the reason why
Are you my mother?
Everywhere I turn
you are there by my side
I don’t really think
there’s any place I can hide
I know that you and I
must be attached by heartstrings
And although I can’t see it
I know you’ve got wings
So eventhough you don’t say it
And nobody would confess
I know you’re my promised angel
And I don’t even have to guess
You’re my mother!
You’re my mother!
What just happened?
Why am I cold?
Is it always this bright?
What is this world?
I was told there’d be
an angel waiting
to take care of me
a mother most loving
Are you my mother?
I’ve noticed you come
everytime that I cry
I admit that your voice
lifts my spirits high
Night or day
Indoors or out
You can make me smile
whenever I pout
I ask you truly
please do not lie
Why do you these things?
Say the reason why
Are you my mother?
Everywhere I turn
you are there by my side
I don’t really think
there’s any place I can hide
I know that you and I
must be attached by heartstrings
And although I can’t see it
I know you’ve got wings
So eventhough you don’t say it
And nobody would confess
I know you’re my promised angel
And I don’t even have to guess
You’re my mother!
You’re my mother!
oh I just love this one!
ReplyDeleteso sweet and I would like to think just what a baby might be thinking.
It was kinda tricky thinking like a baby!
ReplyDelete