Day #4 CCD: I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day

Day #4


I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day


Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:


“God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;


The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,


With peace on earth, good will to men.”



Who is God to you? Is he your protector? Your provider? This Christmas Season, have you allowed Him to be your peace?

It can be easy to view God simply as a friend to go to in times of trouble or a magic genie that grants all of your prayers. But God is so much more than that, and the blessings He wants to give to you are endless! He offers so many wonderful things—completely free of charge–including hope, joy, and peace for your heart. God wants nothing but the best for you.

Although your circumstances may be difficult, or hard to understand at times, that doesn’t mean that God isn’t there. He cares about you, loves you with a perfect love, and is waiting for you to let Him be your peace. So this Christmas, as you think about all the gifts you need to buy, and your never-ending to-do list, don’t forget to stop and remember that only God can provide you with the unwavering quiet strength that comes from His peace.

Questions:

In what ways do you find peace and comfort in God?

What difficult circumstances are you currently dealing with that you need God’s peace to help you endure?

There was a time when I used to write letters to God.  I bought a journal and specifically wrote to Him every day.  It wasn't for very long, and I don't know why I stopped, but I remember that I was able to "talk" to him better that way.  I think that when I wrote to Him, I felt comforted in seeing my words and knowing he was seeing them too - and that gave me some peace of mind and the strength of faith to let His Will be done.

Right now, the most difficult circumstances for me are marriage and motherhood.  I won't lie, those two require a lot out of me.  I'm a non-perfect person with perfectionist tendencies.  That's a bad combination.

Maybe I will start writing to Him again.  Actually, this 25 days devotional is sort of like that.  But I think I need to get out my prayer journal again and be more specific.  I want to feel at peace again - so I can bring that same peace into my home.

carols christmas devotional button

Please remember that I’m following the Carols: A Christmas Devotional plan from The (free) Bible App.  I invite you to join me, for 25 days, by commenting or linking or both!  And tweet me with #25DaysCCD so I won’t miss your post.  ;)

[inlinkz_linkup id=348089]

Comments

  1. Peace definitely begins at home, and in most homes - that most likely lays with the mom. we have the ability to set the tone/mood of our homes: that's a LOT of pressure. But thankfully - His Peace is Perfect. I don't go to the world (well, maybe a walk in the world He created) to find my peace -- I go to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, peace begins at home. Sometimes that's harder to do than with strangers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment