One of the challenges that comes with the New Year is finding the motivation to get back to "normal" after (what feels like) a long vacation. Who wants to get up early every morning again? And I definitely prefer PJs all day, and pretty much letting the kids play from sun-up to sun-down, than our "regular schedule." It's hard to plan on doing anything but eat, play, and sleep nowadays.
Also, you know how you get all sleepy and lazy after eating a huge meal? Well, after the New Year's fest I had, I feel like sleeping like....that dude who slept for 20, 50, 57, 70, 200, or 300 years (depends where you heard the story). I mean, just look at this banquet!

Um, moving on...
2013 taught me something about being a SAHM. Yes, I really did learn something!
It's that organization is the key to being a productive mother.
This is all in theory, of course. The plan is to get organized now and implement all the awesomeness next week. I'm psyching myself up, can you tell?
Also, I love blogging, but I can't let it take too much of my precious time. So I made myself a blog planner so I can focus on other important things - instead of having "what the bleep am I gonna post today?" all day in my mind. It's free, by the way, so go and get it just in case you wanted to get organized too.
I'm going to open my lesson plans tomorrow and see where we left off. Then.......I'm going to plan for next week!
Just as soon as I get enough sleep to stay awake in the daytime. Maybe. Soon.
So....how's your last days of vacation coming along?
Also, you know how you get all sleepy and lazy after eating a huge meal? Well, after the New Year's fest I had, I feel like sleeping like....that dude who slept for 20, 50, 57, 70, 200, or 300 years (depends where you heard the story). I mean, just look at this banquet!

Um, moving on...
2013 taught me something about being a SAHM. Yes, I really did learn something!
It's that organization is the key to being a productive mother.
This is all in theory, of course. The plan is to get organized now and implement all the awesomeness next week. I'm psyching myself up, can you tell?
Also, I love blogging, but I can't let it take too much of my precious time. So I made myself a blog planner so I can focus on other important things - instead of having "what the bleep am I gonna post today?" all day in my mind. It's free, by the way, so go and get it just in case you wanted to get organized too.
I'm going to open my lesson plans tomorrow and see where we left off. Then.......I'm going to plan for next week!
Just as soon as I get enough sleep to stay awake in the daytime. Maybe. Soon.
So....how's your last days of vacation coming along?
That is a feast!! I meant to take a picture of our big annual Christmas Day Dinner -- you seriously would not believe the food. The desserts have to be kept in a separate room. seriously!
ReplyDeleteI have not quite figured out blogging in 2014 yet. I plan on easing into January.
but I kinda have an ace in the hole too -- I have been writing on some serious minded topics over the last couple of months. but it's all in my journals -- I didn't blog it. So, I have all that material in the wings waiting. And I think I am ready for somewhat of a new direction. I am getting a bit tired of the memes and hops every week, so.... I need to bring some new stuff in too. A different side.
It's a vacation everyday! LOL my little one is still too young for school. I go back to school later this month but school is somewhere I want to be most of the time since it is art school and I love it1
ReplyDeleteOh geez. I wanna see the dessert room! What do Canadians eat anyway???
ReplyDeleteOh how fun! There are definitely days when I wish I'd gone to art school. I actually contemplated going to an art school instead of a UC, back in the day... How lucky you are to be there! What are you going to art school for? Interior design? Graphics? Fashion? Photography? Do tell!
ReplyDeleteVacation? No. One of my nephews called New Year's Day and asked what we did New Year's Eve. I told him I held on until Midnight. East Coast. Cuz it was a work day. I was up at 4:30, and fighting sinus congestion. It was a very quiet Winterfest for us. Christmas alone, prepared home-made crab louie, complete with buying the crabs, cooking them, cleaning them, and making the salad and the dressing from scratch (even the mayo-from scratch...) We had a lot of phone calls, but for someone with 9 grandchildren, not one visitor. I met my now-married (in secret) granddaughter's hubby Christmas Eve, he's nice, just young, of course, they're always too young...I pray for their success and happiness-he's in SD in the Navy. An E3. Fought the sinuses all week, worked through it, and went to mass a few times. Our vacation hope is, God willing, to make a pilgrimage this summer to Fatima, Lourdes, Western Spain, Paris and Rome. That's if my job holds out-best friend at work got laid off today after 13 years...
ReplyDeleteAlthough you had but one with you on New Year's Day, she is the one that matters the most. You are luckier than many people who spent without anybody, and also those who had many but didn't matter in their heart. ;) The pilgrimage sounds very exciting! I want to do that someday too. Please remember to take pics for me!
ReplyDeleteI suppose we are a blend between somewhat British or even Irish/Scottish fare, and American too. We love our meat, potatoes and veggies. It's basic -- but definitely has to taste good. You are more likely to find Shepherd's Pie on our tables, than Meat Loaf I suppose. But we love hamburgers, hot dogs, pasta and potato salad as much as you guys I should think.
ReplyDeleteThere is tourtiere - a meat pie made with beef, pork or even ground veal. It's mainly known to Quebecers (ie. French), Smoked Meat which was created by a Jewish deli in Montreal and is typically served warm on rye bread with moustard and a dill pickle on the side. Beaver Tails are a delicacy. Ha -- tricked ya there. It's a pastry - not an actual beaver tail. You can load it up with chocolate sauce, maple syrup, bananas, M&M pieces, or with simple sugar and cinnamon. And of course, poutine: french fries smothered in gravy and cheese curds. And then you wash all that down with either a Tim Horton's coffee, or a Labatt Blue beer.
oh, and of course Bacon. Because BACON!!
But ours of course is Back Bacon.
A word of advice.....don't ever drink Screech if someone asks. just.don't.
Believe me, Janice, I am not complaining! I love having the Quality Time to do nothing but BE together. I thank God for it every day. I thank her, too. She puts up with me...;)
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to convince myself to buy a GoPro to take good pictures in the dim cathedrals. We're still not certain we'll do this, but we're planning, based on job and economy.