I'm a slow snail-turtle (if there was such a thing). The only time I'm fast is if the deadline is due in a jiffy (unit of time it takes for light to travel a centimeter)...OR if there's dessert involved. Maybe that's why I've never been a runner.
Volleyball and a high metabolism kept me fit through my high school, college, and post grad years.
BUT now that I'm confined to the four corners of my lot, I can't go play volleyball anymore.
I do, however, have an elliptical that my Darling Husband (DH) bought for me last year.
Ta dah! I'm now a runner.
I'm 15 pounds over my college weight and I've got a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. I'm so thankful that I'm still healthy and show no signs of any inherited health problems, but you never know.
So I'm running for my life.
#500in2014 is my motto and goal. 500 miles by the end of 2014. I was inspired by my friend, Greta of Gfunkified, who had the 500 miles goal for herself in 2013. In fact, she went over it - 640 miles to be exact! This year, she has a 600 goal. Cool, right?
How about you join me? It's not too late to start. Outdoor and Indoor runners are invited! And don't say you've got no time. You're done with that excuse last year. Besides, you're a master at multitasking.
Just do like me.
To be clear, I wasn't worshipping my tablet. I was stretching my back. Running on the treadmill, after a long hiatus, made my back feel like I was pregnant again. ;)
So get on your feet and join me. Grab the Nike+ Running app or the Tracks2Miles app on your Android or iPhone, or the Daily Mile tracker on the web, and start running for your life!
Volleyball and a high metabolism kept me fit through my high school, college, and post grad years.
BUT now that I'm confined to the four corners of my lot, I can't go play volleyball anymore.
I do, however, have an elliptical that my Darling Husband (DH) bought for me last year.Ta dah! I'm now a runner.
I'm 15 pounds over my college weight and I've got a family history of heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes. I'm so thankful that I'm still healthy and show no signs of any inherited health problems, but you never know.
So I'm running for my life.
#500in2014 is my motto and goal. 500 miles by the end of 2014. I was inspired by my friend, Greta of Gfunkified, who had the 500 miles goal for herself in 2013. In fact, she went over it - 640 miles to be exact! This year, she has a 600 goal. Cool, right?
How about you join me? It's not too late to start. Outdoor and Indoor runners are invited! And don't say you've got no time. You're done with that excuse last year. Besides, you're a master at multitasking.
Just do like me.
To be clear, I wasn't worshipping my tablet. I was stretching my back. Running on the treadmill, after a long hiatus, made my back feel like I was pregnant again. ;)
So get on your feet and join me. Grab the Nike+ Running app or the Tracks2Miles app on your Android or iPhone, or the Daily Mile tracker on the web, and start running for your life!

I honestly cannot run at this point my bad knee.
ReplyDeletebut I can set a goal to walk. And I want my family to do our local charity run/walk next Fall.
I think that is a good goal for our family to set.
Good luck! I know you can do it!
Walking is just as good as running if done for the right reason! How cool you have a goal for Fall. Something to look forward to. How exciting - and a family event too!
ReplyDelete