#ThroughTheLensThursday : Reflection

Two things easily come to mind at hearing the word "reflection" - mirror and water.  But that's too predictable.  I wanted to be artistic today.

Merriam-Webster defines reflection as "an image that is seen in a mirror or on a shiny surface."

So I went around the house looking for things in front of a mirror.  I tried to take photos in a way that made it seem like I was looking at two things - instead of one thing and a reflection. But I was soon tired of this because it felt too impersonal.

And then I saw my daughters - who just finished putting hair clips on themselves in the same style.

Perfect.

Who are better reflections of each other than sisters?  Sure, they are different and unique, but I can argue that they do have many similarities that make it undeniable that they truly are sisters.

And I'm pretty happy with the result. Actually, I might even frame these. That's how much I loved them.

[caption id="attachment_7022" align="aligncenter" width="600"]reflection back to back Canon EOS Rebel T1i {1/60, f/3.5, ISO 800, w/ flash}[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_7020" align="aligncenter" width="600"]reflection face to face Canon EOS Rebel T1i {1/30, f/3.5, ISO 800}[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_7021" align="aligncenter" width="600"]reflection face to face smile Canon EOS Rebel T1i {1/30, f/3.5, ISO 800}[/caption]

As usual, this post is part of Alison and Greta's One Year Photo Project. I welcome any critique on my photos. And do join us too!


through the lens button

Comments

  1. they are gorgeous!! Just gorgeous, lovely little ladies.
    Yes - frame these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on "reflection" and your girls are beautiful! There's no mirror that can hold my reflection truer than my own sister. So happy to have met you via #throughthelensthursday I'll be following along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. Sometimes, I'm jealous at how naturally beautiful they are. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your kids. That day was my 26th anniversary. We went to North Tahoe to see the HGTV Dream Home they're giving away Feb 14. It was a fun trip. Missed the snow on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh. HGTV dream home. I want one of those - unless it's one of those new age, modern-everything type of house...then no thanks! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honestly, we weren't very impressed (at least not for the capability of HGTV!). For us, there were design flaws. The children's 'quarters' was far removed from the family rooms, and the master bedroom was off the living room. The backsplash in the kitchen was wood, the island was too close to the counter and sink, and to be nit-picky, they had a design on the living room wall of wood squares in a separated checkerboard pattern, and some of the squares weren't totally straight. If I win, I'll take the money. But it was a fun day. We got married in South Lake Tahoe, so just the drive for our anniversary was good, especially with Sirius XM for free! Spent some time in Reno, lost a few $$$ and had lunch at a very exclusive restaurant-Costco food court...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Costco food court - YUM! And wow, HGTV must've made that house in a rush or something. But it definitely sounds too modern for me. I prefer warm, cozy, homey, and more Italian rustic. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would say it was that. Lots of wood beams and timber ceilings. Heck, even the tiles in the kitchen were made of squares of wood. It just wasn't our cup of tea. Sorry for answering so late, I've been very busy with work projects ramping up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No worries about replying. Life first! ;)
    Anywho, I love wood, actually, but I suppose I would have to see this place in person to see whether it really works together well, or just a bunch of "new age" environmentally friendly feng shui stuff. LOL. I'm not into that stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sent you a picture of the outside. I have more if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment