It's been 6 days here in the ICU. And I see this screen even in my dreams.
Heart Rate. Oxygen Saturation. Blood Pressure.
Watching the numbers.... They reassure me that my grandma is doing okay. But looking at them makes me anxious. Because they rise and fall.
Rise and fall. Rise and fall.
Oh won't you please make up your mind and stabilize?!

Watching the numbers...
Heart Rate. Oxygen Saturation. Blood Pressure.
Watching the numbers.... They reassure me that my grandma is doing okay. But looking at them makes me anxious. Because they rise and fall.
Rise and fall. Rise and fall.
Oh won't you please make up your mind and stabilize?!

Watching the numbers...

Thinking and praying for you and your grandma! <3
ReplyDeleteThank you. :-)
ReplyDeleteMy wife's ex mother-in-law is in hospice now, she's 86 and has dementia and throat cancer. I was horrified to learn last night that they're not feeding her or giving her liquids or pain meds. I understand the pain meds-a favorite priest of mine told me that his father never accepted morphine while he was dying with stomach cancer, and just accepted his suffering in peace. But to not give food and water, what kind of hospice is that??? I hope she dies soon, to be spared the indignity...
ReplyDeleteHow is your wife's ex-mother-in-law? I hope they decided to give liquids and pain meds again? That's just horrible that they took those away. Those are basic care that every patient deserves. Are they allowed to do that???
ReplyDeleteWell, she died peacefully, a week ago Monday, and we buried her last Thursday. My wife was incorrect about not feeding her or giving her liquids. It was her loss of appetite, not the hospice neglecting her. I was envisioning a Terri Schiavo scenario, but was wrong. Thank God. She's met her maker now.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to know that the hospice was in fact not neglecting her. May she Rest In Peace.
ReplyDelete