#ThroughTheLensThursday : Flowers

Great news! My grandma is finally out of the Intensive Care Unit (ICU). She's still in the hospital, but she's moving in the positive direction. Anyhow, new "regular" room means she can have flowers! :-)

flowers for lola


Pictures on the LEFT were taken with the FLASH ON.  It's good to note that the photos of the flowers were more true to their real colors with the flash on.  Plus, the images looked sharper and crisper.


The pictures on the RIGHT had the FLASH OFF.  These flowers ended up looking more orange-y than the real thing!  However, the flowers did end up with a softer effect overall.


The Canon EOS Rebel T1i camera settings were...


    No Flash:  Shutter 1/8, f/5.0, ISO 200


    Flash:  Shutter 1/64, f/5.6, ISO 200


I'm really glad I learned something about flash and no flash differences today!


So which one do you like better?  The sharper, truer color ones taken with the flash on?  Or the softer, orange-y ones without the flash?  I think it depends on the viewer's mood, don't you think so?


Joining Alison and Greta on this project... 
through the lens button

Comments

  1. I like the sharper, truer colour images the best. you can see more detail and thus more beauty.
    Nature really is the best painter. :)

    So glad to hear that your grandma is doing much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So personally I love natural light. I think if you bounced your flash it may have worked better. I like the natural light ones on the right. what was your white balance?

    I'm glad your grandma is out of the hospital!! It's always good when you loved ones begin to heal. How is she doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my white balance was on auto. And my flash doesn't twist all the way up to face the ceiling...how do I bounce it? Also, what will bouncing the flash do to the shot?
    Thanks for asking about my grandma. She's now back home again and is doing okay so far with her new meds. Hoping she'll "normalize" soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You like the sharper one? I think I prefer the softer one. Kinda more dreamy or something. Heh.
    And I'm glad my grandma's getting better too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment