Also, like last year, I'm participating in the Keep Love in Lent Link Up. If you're a Christian taking part in Lenten activities in any capacity, come join us!
Campfires and Cleats (Chris)
Without further ado, our project this year requires just a little time and almost no money at all!

This project will require the following (for each kid):
1. 9" x 12" Catalog Envelope
2. Daily Lenten Page printable
3. Lent Calendar printable from Catholic Icing
4. This Lent image:
5. This Lent prayer page... (please note they have a typo in the Hail Mary prayer - they instead of thy - just use white out).
6. This Prayer for a Generous Heart page (1 page is good for 4 people).
7. one glue stick
8. one scissors
9. one sandwich-sized Ziploc baggie
10. one sheet of stickers
Now the fun part - putting it together! I suggest helping the little ones with the cutting and gluing, of course. ;)
If you're a visual learner, then you could probably just look at this close-up of the finished product and do it!
For those of us who prefer directions...
1. Glue the Lent Calendar to the back of the Envelope.
2. Glue the Prayer Page to the Front of the Envelope.
3. Glue either the word Lent, or the square pictures under the word, on the outside of the Envelope Flap.
4. Glue one Generous Heart Prayer on the Ziploc Bag.
5. Print all 40 pages of the Lent Daily Printout and staple. (If you have a laser jet printer, use that. Saves on ink!)
6. Enjoy!
There you have it. My hope in making this is to help our kids keep Lent in their minds everyday. It is, after all, not just a season - but a daily reminder of what Jesus has done for us.
By having the kids fill in the Lent Page everyday, they can be reminded of their Lenten promises more easily. This activity will also be a good practice for them in examining their consciences everyday. Creating a daily list of things to be thankful for will keep them positive during Lent - especially if they feel like they are giving up so much that nothing good is left for them!
And stickers are always a great way to motivate kids to do something good. Just remember to suggest they do at least one Sacrifice and one Good Deed - there's a difference between the two. You may decide, as I will at the end of Lent, to add value to each sticker too. Each sticker can equal a dollar amount to add to their money bags for donating to a charity of your choice. However, I won't tell them this plan until the end so they will be motivated to add their own (earned) money to the bag throughout Lent.
So, whatever you decide to do, I wish you and your family a holy Lent this year!






With my mom being in the hospital and having to drop everything and travel to her, my Lent activities and such went right out the window.
ReplyDeleteBut we have most certainly been in the mindset of a grateful heart since she is doing well!
And, I kinda had to stop blogging for 5 days. ha
I didn't shake uncontrollably at all :)
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I know how stressful that can be - and just how much it takes away from things you normally had planned. (HUGS) But great that she's doing well since!
ReplyDeleteBlogging is not our life, so the 5 day vacation is no biggie at all! Right? ;)
First, I love the name of your blog. Grace is my (late) mother's name. Thanks for sharing such a well thought out and laid out activity for the little ones.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful resource you created. I hope it is working well so far. I like the idea and may borrow parts of it next year.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous idea -- that lofty idea of Lent, can be hard to bring to a kid-sized level. This is the perfect tool!! I look forward to exploring more on your site as well -- hence my pinning it to my Catholic Blogs pinterest board :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for the pin! I'm always looking for ways to bring things to "kid-sized level!" ;)
ReplyDeleteBorrow as much as you want! :D So far though, I think I need to be a little more consistent in the evenings so we can fill them out daily. Evenings are a little scrunched around here...
ReplyDeleteThank you for the compliment. And thank you for visiting. :)
ReplyDelete