The kids don't always do what I say.
The house is mostly a jumbled mess.
Cooking doesn't come naturally to me and the kids don't always want to eat what I make.
9, 4, and 2. Those ages don't play nicely half the time.
Kids would rather play than finish their schoolwork.
Screaming down the hall...
Pouring out the cooking oil...
Playthings in the toilet...
Fingerprints everywhere...
Diaper changes, time outs, water spills, sibling fights, and everything in between.
Everyday is more than an adventure, it's a challenge to keep on going!

But their smiles block out the mess.
And their kisses make the weariness go away.
(Coffee helps a little too.)
Little big hugs reassure me they actually love each other after all.
Their shrill singing voices become my theme songs.
And material things don't hold value anymore.
My children's happiness and their innocent hearts...
Everyday, they give me courage to keep on mothering!
The house is mostly a jumbled mess.
Cooking doesn't come naturally to me and the kids don't always want to eat what I make.
9, 4, and 2. Those ages don't play nicely half the time.
Kids would rather play than finish their schoolwork.
Screaming down the hall...
Pouring out the cooking oil...
Playthings in the toilet...
Fingerprints everywhere...
Diaper changes, time outs, water spills, sibling fights, and everything in between.
Everyday is more than an adventure, it's a challenge to keep on going!

But their smiles block out the mess.
And their kisses make the weariness go away.
(Coffee helps a little too.)
Little big hugs reassure me they actually love each other after all.
Their shrill singing voices become my theme songs.
And material things don't hold value anymore.
My children's happiness and their innocent hearts...
Everyday, they give me courage to keep on mothering!
Ah, so lovely. and sums it up so perfectly. nicely done.
ReplyDeleteGorgeous Family Photo!!!! I Love it!.
ReplyDeleteThat is really beautiful, Janice. It is nice to feel the love in your words :)
ReplyDeleteThis mothering thing really isn't for the weak :)
ReplyDeleteMine are 9 & 6 - couldn't agree more!
ReplyDeleteThis is so beautiful and so true. We go through rough times, but their hugs and kisses, their love to us is just as rewarding as a big fat cheque.
ReplyDeleteIt's not easy but definitely worth it!
ReplyDeleteThat pretty much sums it up!
ReplyDeleteWhat you've said pretty much applies to me as a homeschooler - and I really wish people, especially my dad, can see and understand that...
ReplyDelete9 & 6 ... the lively years! Haha!
ReplyDeleteYou said it, Alison!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Claudia.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Les.
ReplyDeleteI cannot agree more. It's been a while since I've been here, because I'm heavy involved in a work project that's coming to an end this week, but wanted to wish you happy Lent, and I'll check back in next week.
ReplyDeleteAlso having a couple of health concerns. My heart's not stony, but my kidney and gall bladder are, lol.
I've seen how being a parent, the love of family makes up for all the challenges. It's true in marriage, too! God bless you and your family, Janice.