MIA for A Reason

2 weeks ago, I shared some wonderful news with the world...

We're expecting our 4th child.  Ta-dah!

 

wpid-img_78145003811437.jpeg

 

Baby #4 is now 10 weeks old and growing.

However, this means I'm in the 1st trimester and in the throes of morning sickness.  Except for me, the NAUSEA LASTS ALL DAY LONG - and peaks in the evening.  (I'm pretty much non-functional in the evenings, vomiting and all.)

Every food out there tastes awful.  Even water makes me gag.  I get dizzy and I have fatigue.

You should see my house.  No, wait.  Don't see my house.  It's a mess, more than usual.

Any burst of energy or strength I have, I have to save for my family.

I was told that all these "symptoms" should go away after the 3rd month or so.  I'm crossing my fingers.  Because this is really hard.  And I feel so bad for my kids that I can't be there for them 100% lately.

I'm really very thankful to my mom who's stepped up with the cooking and taking care of the kids before she goes to work everyday.

And I'm very thankful to my husband who's also stepped up in the evening with pretty much everything to do with the house and the kids - even though he's super tired from work already.

Sigh.  So I'm not sure what my blogging schedule will be like in the coming weeks.  I'd love to be like other expectant mom bloggers who are sharing all the wonderful things on a regular basis, but I can barely write this post.

I miss reading your blogs too.  I used to read in the evenings, but now all I want to do is sleep the nausea away...

So, if you had wondered where I've been, now you know.  I've been home, hoping for better days to come.

Seriously.  I'm waiting for that "pregnancy glow" to happen.  Ya' know?

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Janice!
    And I know all about the all-day nausea peaking in the evenings. Mine just passed about 2 weeks ago at 13 weeks. The glow will come! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Alison. I'm waiting for that magical 13 weeks. Thanks for the encouragement! Can't wait to see your little ones too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you, and so sad for you due to all the sicky feelies.
    I was very lucky not to have a lot of nausea with any of my pregnancies.
    But it's a very good reason - growing a whole person!! - to be MIA for awhile. just take care of yourself and those other 3 cuties and we will wait anxiously for the first pics of cutie #4!
    God bless and keep you during this time. :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Les. Growing a whole person sure takes a lot out of you! But, I can't wait to see cutie #4 either. I hope the little cutie will cut me some hormonal slack soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welll congrats on that 4th baby! I'm very happy for you! That is so exciting!! I hope you can get your energy back in the send trimester. I have to admit I was tired the whole time.........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great news on your coming child, bad news on your sacrifice for that child. I haven't been around very much either. It's been a month since my big project ended, and I've just been trying to regain some of the time I had to take away from my wife. There was a Catholic Men's Conference I go to every year, and I didn't this year because I spent 3 months working fairly non-stop. On top of all that, I've been diagnosed with a couple "old guy" medical issues-one will be dealt with in a month...kidney stones.
    Did I tell you I'm going to be a great-grandpa? October! It's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I'm excited but oh so tired, yes! I'm looking forward to the 2nd trimester too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, congrats on being a great-grandpa! Remember, just because the baby isn't born yet, doesn't mean he/she doesn't count as a human being. The baby is already alive and so...you're ALREADY a great-grandpa! Just like I'm already a mom of 4, eventhough the baby's still in utero. ;)

    Also, so sorry about the medical problems. I suppose some can be expected with old age. But I do hope that they won't hinder your daily life too much. Just look at it this way, you get to have more opportunities to offer up sacrifices! We all could use some of that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're right about that. And up to yesterday, we didn't know if it was a boy or a girl, well we just learned that it's a boy...
    I know, the old guy stuff is starting to happen, but when I tell people how old I am, they sometimes ask for proof. As you say, it's to be expected as we age. One of the 'problems' the xray showed, went to the doc, he said, basically, if it's not bothering you, wait. The other is more serious, so that'll be dealt with by this time next month.
    What's kinda strange, to me, anyway, is that I had such a sedentary life for a long time, playing the long commute game, now I'm walking a lot, and this stuff comes to haunt me. I'm getting my miles in, though...I'm going to blog about it.
    Hope your morning sickness is getting better...
    God bless you, Janice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment