Hope Is...

Ever since high school, I've been into poetry.

I read poetry, and I write it too.

But I do have a favorite poet of all time - Emily Dickinson.

Emily Dickinson, poet
Photo Credit: http://www.goodreads.com/photo/author/7440.Emily_Dickinson
Not only does her poetic pieces evoke a certain longing for days of old, but certain lines seem to tug at heartstrings and feelings we wouldn't otherwise know how to put into words...

...about HOPE...


...about LOVE...


...about BEAUTY...


...about DOGS...


...about DEATH...


...about POETRY!


She really was a great poet.  And I can only aspire to be as masterful with words as she was.

Do you have a favorite poet or author?  Or even just a favorite quote?  Do share it!

{ I'm linking up with MamaKat today! }

Comments

  1. Love all your selection of quotes... I'm a quote-aholic as well and I love too many authors to have a favorite but lately I refer to this quote many times: "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about." It's from Wendy Mass' The Candymakers which I have not read but I came across this quote a few years back and love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh. I think I've seen that quote somewhere too and thought that it was a great one. It is true, if you really think about it. I think people would be much nicer to each other if people just remember this quote once in a while... (Thanks for stopping by!)

      Delete
  2. I didn't realize all those were hers. I have always loved that first one and was going to write a blog post about it, actually. Love the one about dogs too. Oh, if only they could talk!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's just say that I'm glad my dog couldn't talk when I was in high school! LOL. And that first quote is my favorite too. :-)

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful writer! I would love to have lived in Emily Dickinson's brain for a day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well LOVE her, of course. But I also like nature poets like Wordsworth and Frost, or ee cummings for a little more risque shall we say sometimes? I guess I like the old romantics the best. one of my faves:

    "The best portion of a good man's life: his little, nameless unremembered acts of kindness and love.”

    ― William Wordsworth, Lyrical Ballads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those guys too! Yeats has a couple of good ones too!

      Delete
  5. I love the feather poem. My mother died two years ago and we used that poem at her funeral. I had a necklace made with the first line, I've been meaning to post it on my blog...maybe I will. I love poetry, but keep it on the back burner of my mind- it was nice to read your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear about your mom. But yes, that feather poem, so appropriate. Hope. Please do stop by and send me a link when you write that post. I'd love to read it. (And thanks for stopping by...)

      Delete

Post a Comment