My son is 3. He has access to a tablet via a kid mode called "Zoodles" that I installed for him.
Zoodles provides kid games and books, age-appropriate, and no access to purchases and a pin is needed to get out of kid mode. The app also provides many video clips - from Curious George, Sesame Street, Baby Einstein, Baby First, Clifford, Yo Gabba Gabba, among others... - for kids to enjoy, without ads.
No, this is not a review or a sponsored post. Bear with me.
Last week, my son found a video clip by The Wiggles. I have heard of them before, but we have never watched them. Ever. We don't have cable.
But it was on Zoodles. And he found it.
The Wiggles sings the song called The Shimmy Shake in the style of The Beatles.
My son is totally hooked on it. He loves music. He loves to dance. This thing combines both a catchy tune, simple wiggly dance moves, and colorful characters. Perfect for the 3 year old.
IT'S BEEN A WEEK, PEOPLE. A WEEK!!!
Every stinkin' time the tablet goes on, this song is playing. Over and over and over.
Even when the tablet is off. This song is playing. Over and over and over. IN MY HEAD!
I can't even have my own thoughts any more. Whatever I think about, this song pops in my head...
Hmm...groceries...carrots, eggs, milk, let's all do the shimmy shake....shake it on high....cookies?
Oh, ISIS? EBOLA? We're all gonna die? Doo doo, doo doo, shimmy shimmy shimmy, shimmy shimmy shimmy, shimmy on way down low...
Yeah. It's like that. I'm afraid it's stuck in my head, forever. FOREVER.
I dare you to listen to it at least 3 times today and see if it doesn't make a permanent residence in your cranium.
I've already got limited space in there to remember important things, let alone have this song butting in to everything. HELP. How do you get rid of something like this?
Does your little one have a song they got stuck on (besides Let It Go and Do You Wanna Build A Snowman? How did you survive???
Zoodles provides kid games and books, age-appropriate, and no access to purchases and a pin is needed to get out of kid mode. The app also provides many video clips - from Curious George, Sesame Street, Baby Einstein, Baby First, Clifford, Yo Gabba Gabba, among others... - for kids to enjoy, without ads.
No, this is not a review or a sponsored post. Bear with me.
Last week, my son found a video clip by The Wiggles. I have heard of them before, but we have never watched them. Ever. We don't have cable.
But it was on Zoodles. And he found it.
The Wiggles sings the song called The Shimmy Shake in the style of The Beatles.
My son is totally hooked on it. He loves music. He loves to dance. This thing combines both a catchy tune, simple wiggly dance moves, and colorful characters. Perfect for the 3 year old.
IT'S BEEN A WEEK, PEOPLE. A WEEK!!!
Every stinkin' time the tablet goes on, this song is playing. Over and over and over.
Even when the tablet is off. This song is playing. Over and over and over. IN MY HEAD!
I can't even have my own thoughts any more. Whatever I think about, this song pops in my head...
Hmm...groceries...carrots, eggs, milk, let's all do the shimmy shake....shake it on high....cookies?
Oh, ISIS? EBOLA? We're all gonna die? Doo doo, doo doo, shimmy shimmy shimmy, shimmy shimmy shimmy, shimmy on way down low...
Yeah. It's like that. I'm afraid it's stuck in my head, forever. FOREVER.
I dare you to listen to it at least 3 times today and see if it doesn't make a permanent residence in your cranium.
I've already got limited space in there to remember important things, let alone have this song butting in to everything. HELP. How do you get rid of something like this?
Does your little one have a song they got stuck on (besides Let It Go and Do You Wanna Build A Snowman? How did you survive???
This post is linked to:


I have been to see the Wiggles twice. and I still have half the songs stuck in my head from time to time.
ReplyDeleteHot Potato, Romp Bomp a Stomp, Fruit Salad..... oh my goodness.
the only way I know to get an ear worm out of your head, is to find a new one!! One that you actually enjoy.
I bow down to you for actually going to their concert. How long was the torture...er, I mean, show?
DeleteAnd it's hard to find a new one when this one keeps playing every day! lol
What a fun son and video love the name The Wriggles heheh!
ReplyDeleteHe is very fun. I love when he wiggles along with the tune. He even tries to do the helicopter hand thing! I must try to capture it on video - but you know, they never do it for you on the camera!
DeleteAt least you feel upbeat facing the world's impending dome, right? lol Oh, kids really do get things stuck in their heads and drive parents crazy. Mine weren't stuck on music so much as Disney animations, but I didn't mind it so much and thankfully Disney has some really great music in their children's movies. Great to see you on the dance floor! Have a tunetastic week!
ReplyDeleteI love Disney tunes too! But yes, positively speaking, I'll be wiggling happily as the end nears. Haha!
DeleteCute song my son was hooked on the Barney i love you song. I never thought i would get that song out of my head. Now it's the hamster dance.
ReplyDeleteOoh. I made sure to stay away from Barney! Haha! But hey, the hamster dance isn't so bad! ;)
DeleteI liked it...once. Not twice, certainly not ten times a day for a week. I would say, though, that they're, at least, wholesome.
ReplyDeleteMaybe you need to interest him in other types of music. I'd recommend a DVD called "Blast!". It's not kiddie stuff, but if he's into music and the dancing, this has both on a more grown up level. They had it as a stage show at California Adventure 10 years ago, it's got a lot of jazz, lots of movement, drums, and dancing.
God bless you, Janice.
I will have to look up "Blast." Thanks.
DeleteAnd yes, I'm glad they're at least...wholesome. Sadly, kid music these days (especially the tween years) are of questionable content and dance moves. You know what I mean? So I suppose, these toddler songs are actually a blessing. Even my 10 year old gets hooked on it!
My granddaughter, who's musically inclined, stayed up 3 hours when we showed her "The Sound of Music".
DeleteLast week, speaking of morality in music, I caught a 'glimpse' of Jennifer Lopez' new song, and almost died...
I'm out of the new music loop. I have no idea what this new Jennifer Lopez song is. But I'll take your word for it and not bother to look. ;)
DeleteI needed a shower... :)
DeleteHaha this reminds me of the fresh beat bands :) My kids got them stuck in my head too :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for rocking with us!
Oh my goodness! I've seen the fresh beat band on tv. Luckily, my kids haven't discovered them! LOL
DeleteOh boy, I can see how this would stick like glue in the brain. Good choice! LOL Thanks for joining us!
ReplyDeleteYep. Super Glue! ;)
Delete