Musings :: Autumn, Chocolate, & A Fill-In

It's Fall.  But I live in SoCal.  So that doesn't really mean anything around here. The weather is still hot and the leaves are all still green.  Maybe in November...?
Yes.  November.  That's when the weather will be beautiful, the way Autumn's supposed to be.
Except...I'll have a newborn and I probably can't go outside in the chilly weather just yet.
Darn.
I guess I'll have to just keep dreaming about seeing Autumnal beauties like this:

Oh to sit under that tree!  Dreamy, non?

Also, I was at the store yesterday and saw this:


Maple Bacon Flavored Chococolate!  I like maple syrup.  I like bacon now and then.  I love chocolate.  But I'm not sure I would jump on this opportunity to try all three - in a bar.

But, it did make me think of my friend Rory (of Time Out for Mom).  I don't know why the bacon made me think of her.  ;)

So anyway, I'm joining Hilary and the gang for Friday Four Fill-Ins.  Join us too!

Feeling Beachie

The statements:

  1. Today is my 2nd daughter's Taekwondo Orange-Stripe Belt Test.  She's only 5, still clumsy movements, but we are so proud of her.  Can't wait to see her smile when she finishes today!
  2. My mom is a little annoyed about my son not doing the "shimmy shake" for her on camera.  She really wants to get it on video, but he's too distracted. LOL.
  3. To have a friend you must be a friend willing to put in the effort to keep the friendship going.  I'm sorta finding this out right now...
  4. I wish I had better fashion sense in high school and not had let my mother (who was still stuck in the "FIlipino style" phase" help me shop for clothes.  If I took the matter into my own hands, I might've found my own style earlier and been better dressed in college too!

Oh! And HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO MY CANADIAN FRIENDS!

Comments

  1. I feel like I need that maple bacon chocolate...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could only give it you... or have one of those Willy Wonka TVs...

      Delete
  2. We always cook our bacon in maple syrup!! ha
    but I haven't had them both with chocolate yet.
    that could be my backyard tree -- except most of the leaves will be on the ground very soon. and that part is not so fun.
    so frustrating when kids won't "do the thing!!" for the camera. gggrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u need to try them with chocolate. maybe nutella? i'd put nutella on everything if I could! haha!

      Delete
  3. I'm in SoCal, too! Glad it was a teensy bit cooler yesterday although I know we still have those days of 80s and 90s to come before it truly becomes fall! Maple syrup... YUM. Although I agree, not sure about maple, bacon, and chocolate all together. Have a GREAT weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. I hope your weekend was great! And hopefully, this week will stay cool in SoCal! At least, today seems cloudy and cool. ;)

      Delete
  4. That maple bacon chocolate sounds like a sweet/salty thing...which I don't really understand, but my husband does. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, maybe it's for the sweet & salty crowd. I don't like that combo either, but my husband likes it too! ;)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, very hard - especially when life doesn't give you much time to do anything social. You know?

      Delete
  6. I would love to see the "shimmy shake" too. :)

    ENJOY your week. Nice answers.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Follow Friday Four Fill-In

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. I will have to get this shimmy shake on video - probably secretly record him. LOL. Anywho, I hope you have a wonderful week too!

      Delete

Post a Comment