Musings :: A Capella Fun

One of the things I wish I had talent for is music.

Although I can safely say I'm NOT tone deaf, I can't claim to have the capacity to produce music.

I can hear/identify when a tune/note is off key and tell someone else it's wrong, but I can't sing to show what it's supposed to sound like.

You don't want to hear me sing.

But you might like these people I found on YouTube.  They have tons of talent I can't even begin to copy.

With no (physical) musical instruments used but their voices, they sing whole songs all by themselves!

First up is Mike Tompkins.  Talented, I tell you.



Interesting, right?  He can sing AND play instruments (sort of)!

Then there's Matthias Harris.  Another talented guy.  (And yes, I really like the Pompeii song by Bastille.)



So who did you like better?  Mike or Matthias?

Finally, an ode to my video game playing days...  I just happened to find this guy doing a cappella of a bunch of video games I used to play.




Can you believe it?  I've played 19 out of the 21 games he featured on this video!!!  (I didn't play #18 - the weird rainbow-filled one - nor did I play #19 either.)

Game Index and TimeCodes:
1. Pac Man 1980 - 00:43
2. Super Mario Bros 1985 - 00:58
3. Legend of Zelda 1986 - 01:38
4. Dragon Warrior 1986 - 02:26
5. Tetris 1989 - 03:10
6. Ninja Turtles 1989 - 03:36
7. Sonic the Hedgehog 1991 - 04:14
8. Doom 1993 - 04:55
9. Super Metroid 1994 - 05:38
10. Super Mario 64 1996 - 06:07
11. Duke Nukem 3d 1996 - 06:46
12. Pokemon 1996 - 07:13
13. Resident Evil 1996 - 07:57
14. Final Fantasy 7 1997 - 08:30
15. Zelda Ocarina 1998 - 09:43
16. Metal Gear Solid 1998 - 10:25
17. Halo 2001 - 10:59
18. Katamari Damacy 2004 - 12:01
19. Oblivion 2006 - 12:34

20. Uncharted 2007 - 13:21
21. Credits/Portal Song - 14:07

Well, I know it's Monday, but music (and coffee) makes it so much more bearable, don't you think so?


Linking Up Today With XMasDolly!

Photobucket

Comments

  1. Amazing talent and hours of video time! Thanks for playing 4M's this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love Mondays :) It brings music and life :) Coffee doesn't hurt either.
    Thanks for sharing these new ones with me!
    Have a dancing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always fun to discover new music. ;) Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week too!

      Delete
  3. I like the Bastille song best.
    but the video game was awesome!! I think I played quite a few of the games -- none of the shooter games except maybe HALO once or twice. Loved Sonic - and that's one of my son's favourites now. very cool how he did that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit I'm a shooter... ;) And yes, I do like going to shooting ranges too - but not lately, cuz, you know, pregnant.
      And Sonic IS still one of my faves too. I wish I could introduce all these game to my kids, but you know what they say about video games and kids. Totally sucks. I'm saving it for when they're older and I can share my love of video games without negatively affecting their cognitive development. Maybe college? LOL

      Delete
  4. Very talented guy here. Enjoy these very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool picks! You have totally rocked the house! All new to me, so I was staying a while! Thanks for joining us! Sorry I'm so late, but better late than never~! HAVE A ROCKIN' WEEK!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment