Musings :: I Admit It. I'm A K-Pop Fanatic

If you've been following my blog for a while now, you'll know that I love chocolate, coffee, photography, and technology.  You might even know that I love volleyball and scrapbooking.

But today, I'm spilling a secret.

I love K-Pop music!

No, I don't speak Korean and I have no idea what they're saying in the songs, but I love the beats.  Of course, I don't like all K-Pop bands, some are just too weird and flashy for me.

But I will share with you 3 groups who are my favorites.

1.  The first is the equivalent of Bubblegum Pop in America.  This group consists of 9 girls.  They are called "Girls' Generation."  I like their cuteness - outfits and beat - AND their cool synchronized dance moves.  (I love dancing!)







Cute.  Bubbly.  Synchronized.  (Or did you just totally laugh your head off? Hahaha!)

2.  Next is a girl group of 3, currently making waves in the K-Pop world.  One of them actually had her start in the Philippines!  Their style is totally different from the girl group you just saw.  I give you "2NE1"




Yes, that's their (old) song in the new Microsoft Surface Pro 3 commercial!








As you can see, they are totally unique and have a lot of talent!

3.  Finally, I give you my favorite boy band.  I use that term lightly because this group doesn't just sing and look like pretty boys (or weird Korean boy singers).  I like my boy bands to rock!



They actually play instruments, sing in Korean, Japanese, and English, and compose their own songs.  Mainly, the lead singer is the most talented (and my fave) who plays guitar and piano, AND composes most of their songs.  Did I mention he's also a very good actor?  Although all of the bandmates have been in shows, the lead has been in more (and still is) and known worldwide for his talents.

I think that this group would totally make it in the American mainstream if only they can find the exposure! They can do CUTE, SERIOUS, and ROCK!  Without further ado....I give you...."CNBLUE!"

KOREAN SONGS...







JAPANESE SONGS...







AND ENGLISH!





Okay.  So I'm gonna stop my fangirling now and y'all can move on with your lives.

I hope you enjoyed the show!  THANKS FOR TUNING IN!

Linking up at XmasDolly today!
Photobucket

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing. Great new tunes for an old man like me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were fun first time hearing for me

    Have a good week ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow music is definitely universal. I didn't understand the words but i enjoyed the music and the beat. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those were seriously awesome! Princess Nagger loves them, too! :) Thanks so much for sharing - and thanks for the dance! ;)

    Keep On Truckin’ through the Perfect Storm because the Buzz Back Girl is Buzzin’

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Interesting... to say the least! It's definitely different, though! And catchy!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I hear you on the catchy beats. I saw one video once where they were all dressed as Hello Kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I finally got to see what a K-Pop band is. Thanks. I clicked on Dancing Queen. They're cute and bubbly indeed and yeah, the synchronization is nice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment