Musings :: The Problem With Being Pregnant On Halloween

So early this morning, I had my OBGYN appointment...

I'm exactly 36 weeks along today!


The doctor was all like, "Great! You CAN have the baby any time you want now!"
And I was all like, "Hahaha! Yeah, sure!" (NOT!)

Seriously.  Halloween is just around the corner and I do not want all that craziness at the same time I'm in labor.  I'd like my kids to enjoy it - and I want to be there with them!

But let me tell ya.  It's so hard to be pregnant during Halloween...

SO MANY CUTE, COOL COSTUMES I CAN'T WEAR!!!

Naturally, I turned to Google for maternity costume ideas...

I could get the cute, but expensive ones:



So cute, but not sure if they'll fit.  Don't want to order, try, send back...

Or go the homemade, GORY option:


Well that's a NO.  Enough to give any pregnant woman nightmares for the rest of her pregnancy! (Sorry everyone!)

There's also the EASY option - the T-Shirt:


But not enough time to order or print these shirts.  Sigh.

What I REALLY WANT to dress up like is this pretty little Grecian number:


Adorable, right?  I NEED TO FIND THAT DRESS ASAP!!!  I was thinking that even a plus size of this kind of dress would totally work for me.  Don't you think so?

You have one lying around and can ship it to me before Friday? Let me know!

Otherwise, I'll just be lame and wear all black, stick a cat headband on my head, and paint whiskers on my face.  Ta-da! Pregnant Cat!

Yeah. Exciting.

Have you got YOUR costume yet?  Are you even dressing up?  (And I'm not even gonna ask if your kids' costumes are ready yet, either! Ha!)

Linking up today at:

Comments

  1. What a nice post I liked your photos too and I am sure you will get past Halloween heheh!

    Have a spookytastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes please! I want to get past Halloween! And actually, I wanna pass the 17th too, cuz that's my eldest's birthday! After that, the baby can come any time he wants! Hahaha!

      Delete
  2. A friend of mine once went as an angel. Her wings were bigger than she was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel sounds nice - if only I had a white maternity dress... And those must have been some huge wings!

      Delete
  3. Very cute post! I, however, dressed as a cat! Yep. But, I have reasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm...you like cats? ;) And my mom already took the idea, so I'll have to be something else!

      Delete
  4. I think the the Plus size would work great, that would be a great costume. Thanks for stopping by to share on Oh My Heartsie Girl this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will just have to drag my butt to the Halloween store and try on whatever plus size costumes I can find!

      Delete
  5. Love the Grecian goddess costume! So posh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite posh! Even something that looks similar would suffice. I just don't feel like being scary AND I want to be comfortable too! :D

      Delete
  6. LOL, I love the idea of the pregnant cat costume! Thanks for the giggles! :)
    Happy Wordless Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually sounds kinda funny. I might just do it! ;) (Thanks for stopping by!)

      Delete
  7. YES!!! do the Grecian one!! A plus size would definitely work because that's what I had bought one year. ZooZoo was due on Nov. 2 -- so I bought a plus size number and it fit great. But then I had her via C Section on October 28th and only got home from hospital as the trick or treating started!! I never got to wear it all! I went as a breastfeeding new mom. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Too bad you can't just lend it to me! Do you even still have it?
      I must go to the Halloween store either today or tomorrow! Now or never! LOL

      Delete

Post a Comment