Pregnancy :: 33 Weeks Along!

This is my 4th pregnancy, but somehow, it feels like a first.  Why?  Because I don't remember having all these "symptoms."

At 33 weeks, 3rd trimester, I'm feeling very uncomfortable.  Although I don't want to sound like a whiner, I'm listing what I've been feeling lately - as a sort of memory keeper.  (In case there's a next time too!)

First, the BABY FACTS:
"This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark (about the size of a pineapple). He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood." ~ BabyCenter.com
Now, a SELFIE:

33 weeks pregnancy

How I've been FEELING:
  • mild nausea and lightheadedness
  • anemic (according to lab results)
  • low blood pressure (according to OB visit)
  • sciatica (most often on left leg)
  • Braxton Hicks (a couple times a day)
  • swollen feet
  • low back pain
  • easily over heating
  • insomnia
  • palpitations
  • strong pelvic floor pain (a few times a day)
  • mild reflux (in the evening)
  • anxious about labor
  • nesting (buy all the cute things!)
  • sometimes emotional
  • nervous about baby complications
  • thirsty and hungry (all the time)
So, in all, I can't wait until the baby comes and my body can start to calm down again.  I especially dislike the lightheadedness / dizziness part because I'm afraid it will trigger my vertigo.

Despite all these, though, I'm waddling along, doing all the motherhood things I normally do - because, after all, I've got my other 3 kids to tend to!  If only they understood how difficult everything is for me right now!  But even if I tried to explain, they won't get it.  I'd rather they just stay excited over their upcoming baby brother anyway.

It's especially comforting when my kids give me belly kisses - because they can't wait to see their brother soon...

Comments

  1. I will say now - I did not love pregnancy! So sorry for all the debilitating symptoms, but you don't have long to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm at that stage where I don't want it to last any longer, but I want the baby to stay inside for as long as he needs to. Remember that time? Oh the irony! ;)

      Delete
  2. Janice, try to get as much rest as you can and listen to your body. I know, it's easier said than done with three kids running you ragged! This was always the toughest part for me - wanting the baby to stay put and grow and continue baking but really wanting to be done with the pregnancy. Hang in there, you almost made it!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the joys of the final month. It's such a contradictory time: Get it out!! No, stay in a grow well little darling! Get the ##$!@@ off my bladder! Awww, it has the hiccups...... again. Oye. I think most of us moms, especially those of us who had more than one, can certainly sympathize right now. All I can say is -- yep, buy the pretty things and eat the yummy things. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment