I have no idea how many mom blogs there are out there, but I'd say it's probably, like, a ton.
It's competitive to say the least.
I follow some pretty popular blogs and drool over how many fans, likes, followers, whatever you wanna call it... that they have - compared to my measly numbers.
I've researched about different ways to get more traffic, but I just can't seem to follow them.
However, the top two reasons, I've noticed, why I can't get people to stay, are these:
1. I'm not a witty person.
2. I'm not a reflective person.
Seriously, either you're witty and everybody laughs and nods at everything you say...
OR
...you're awesomely reflective and can put things in words that have people blowing their noses while nodding at everything you say...
OR
...you're neither and end up talking to yourself in your blog.
I think this is why I'm not cut-out to be a top blogger.
Still, I blog on because... well, I'm not exactly sure why.
Partly because I wishingly hope to get enough traffic in order to earn some money.
Partly because I want a way to remember stuff about my kids and blogging is more fun than just keeping a private journal.
Partly because I find blogging fun.
Partly because I want friends.
It's competitive to say the least.
I follow some pretty popular blogs and drool over how many fans, likes, followers, whatever you wanna call it... that they have - compared to my measly numbers.
I've researched about different ways to get more traffic, but I just can't seem to follow them.
However, the top two reasons, I've noticed, why I can't get people to stay, are these:
1. I'm not a witty person.
2. I'm not a reflective person.
Seriously, either you're witty and everybody laughs and nods at everything you say...
OR
...you're awesomely reflective and can put things in words that have people blowing their noses while nodding at everything you say...
OR
...you're neither and end up talking to yourself in your blog.
I think this is why I'm not cut-out to be a top blogger.
Still, I blog on because... well, I'm not exactly sure why.
Partly because I wishingly hope to get enough traffic in order to earn some money.
Partly because I want a way to remember stuff about my kids and blogging is more fun than just keeping a private journal.
Partly because I find blogging fun.
Partly because I want friends.

Comments
Post a Comment