I'm a stay-at-home-mom. There aren't very many occasions that pop-up in my week that require any dressing up at all.
Besides looking decent for before-school drop-offs and after-school pick-ups, the in-between times can be summed up in one word: PAJAMAS.
There is, however, one day of the week I look forward to - SUNDAY.
Firstly, I look forward to Sunday because I get to go Mass to hear the Word of God and receive the Most Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist. It's a spiritual renewal every time, I tell you.
But I'm not gonna lie and tell you that I don't think about what I'm gonna wear either. Because I do.
Not only do I want to look decent, but I don't want to look like a haggard mom of three (plus 1 in the belly) and discourage other women from even thinking about having more than 2 kids.
So I try my best to wear my best maternity clothes on Sunday.
Still, more often than not, MY KIDS DRESS BETTER THAN ME. Especially on Sundays.
Besides looking decent for before-school drop-offs and after-school pick-ups, the in-between times can be summed up in one word: PAJAMAS.
There is, however, one day of the week I look forward to - SUNDAY.
Firstly, I look forward to Sunday because I get to go Mass to hear the Word of God and receive the Most Holy Sacrament of the Eucharist. It's a spiritual renewal every time, I tell you.
But I'm not gonna lie and tell you that I don't think about what I'm gonna wear either. Because I do.
Not only do I want to look decent, but I don't want to look like a haggard mom of three (plus 1 in the belly) and discourage other women from even thinking about having more than 2 kids.
So I try my best to wear my best maternity clothes on Sunday.
Still, more often than not, MY KIDS DRESS BETTER THAN ME. Especially on Sundays.
Most of the time, both girls are in dresses. But recently, my eldest has taken to preferring the jeans. (Oh they grow up so fast!) And the other two, well, let's just say my husband and I have a lot of fun dressing them up.
It only lasts for so long, you know? We're barely able to choose what the eldest will be wearing - we're slowly learning to let go, but we still get to say yes or no for appropriateness, of course!
But the other two? SO FUN! Just look how cute!
Anywho, I look forward to post partum days because then I can come a little bit closer to my children's fashion league.
And don't even get me started on my husband's fashion style. Sometimes I feel so bad he has to be seen with me - because oh-my-goodness-he-looks-so-fine all the time. Ahem.
So...who dresses better in your family? I'm curious!

Comments
Post a Comment