If you don't know yet, not everyone in the world celebrates Halloween. I didn't know about this holiday until I came to America. Even then, it took years before I actually participated in the craziness...
And even when I did participate, I don't think I even wore a costume! I DO remember going trick-or-treating with a pillowcase...
Yep. Did that. Maybe that was my first and last foray into the trick-or-treating bit.....until I had kids.
Anywho, Japan does NOT celebrate Halloween. However, they seemed to have caught the dressing-up part of our Halloween tradition!
Japanese teens are famous for "cosplaying" - or dressing up as certain video game or anime characters in exact details. With this experience, they took Halloween to a whole new level!
People went all out with costumes ranging from lots of zombie Disney characters to horror movie and video game icons, to full on comic groups straight out of anime and manga, and to random funny stuff (a Facebook like, the Mona Lisa)!
Check it out - it's like Halloween Mardi Gras without the candy.
Looked like fun, right?!
As for us here in good ol' U.S. of A., we stuck to Harry Potter. Yes, I know that's British, but still, the point is we toned it down a lot. ;)
So do you feel old now too or what? LOL.
And even when I did participate, I don't think I even wore a costume! I DO remember going trick-or-treating with a pillowcase...
Yep. Did that. Maybe that was my first and last foray into the trick-or-treating bit.....until I had kids.
Anywho, Japan does NOT celebrate Halloween. However, they seemed to have caught the dressing-up part of our Halloween tradition!
Japanese teens are famous for "cosplaying" - or dressing up as certain video game or anime characters in exact details. With this experience, they took Halloween to a whole new level!
People went all out with costumes ranging from lots of zombie Disney characters to horror movie and video game icons, to full on comic groups straight out of anime and manga, and to random funny stuff (a Facebook like, the Mona Lisa)!
Check it out - it's like Halloween Mardi Gras without the candy.
Looked like fun, right?!
As for us here in good ol' U.S. of A., we stuck to Harry Potter. Yes, I know that's British, but still, the point is we toned it down a lot. ;)
Did we get the Gryffindor look or what? :-)
Finally, for a little Monday fun, I'm linking up with XMasDolly for some music! The prompt was 60s and 70s music.
Even though I'm an 80s baby, I remember rockin' to a bunch of 70s songs. So I immediately "You-Tubed" 1979! I didn't realize that a lot of the music I heard as a little girls were from this year!
The video only plays 5-10 secs of each song. See how many you can recognize!
So do you feel old now too or what? LOL.
In other news...
I'm still pregnant.
I'm hungry.
AND
Wish me luck!

Oh that's a wonderful video how you celebrate Halloween. Yours is better than ours I'd say fantastic costumes. You're last video is great it hit all the songs of that era. Way ta go! YOU HAVE ROCKED THE HOUSE! Thanks for joining us! Look forward to seeing you next week. WOO HOO! Next week's theme is a FREEBIE which means you can Post any tune you'd like!
ReplyDeleteThis was fun. I didn't know most of those songs were from that Era until I found the video!
DeleteI love cosplay!! It's so fun. best part about going to any convention.
ReplyDeletelooks like 1979 was actually pretty good year! Lots of ABBA, some Pink Floyd, Blondie...and of course, Kenny Rogers! :)
Cosplay does look fun! Wish I'd have known about it early in college!
DeleteGreat video. I am learning about Cosplay from other bloggers who do this. It look sfun.
ReplyDeleteIt does look fun! Unfortunately, I think I'm too old to do it! LOL
DeleteI was born in 1979! Seems it was a great year for music too. :) Good luck with nablpomo! I'm so bad at blogging right now I'm not even going to think about attempting this! Going to watch the video now...
ReplyDeleteYour birth added to the greatness of the era! ;) Thanks for stopping by today!
DeleteHow fun is the video of Halloween. I would be right there with all of them if I could!
ReplyDeleteThe music was awesome and for the record, I was an 80's teen! :)
http://yaknowstuff.blogspot.com/
I probably wouldn't have dressed up, but I would've loved to see all of those costumes in person!
DeleteAnd I totally love the 80's!
We don't celebrate halloween in my country either.
ReplyDeleteI'm still trying to get used to this thing that has now descended on me as an American.
That is quite interesting how you celebrate it there in Japan.
Thanks for sharing with us and hope you'll keep rocking with us!
Aloha :)
To participate or not to participate...that is the question! ;)
DeleteAnd I'm enjoying rockin' out with you guys on Mondays!