Technology :: Is A Tablet Good For Blogging?

I've been an active blogger for about 3 years.  When I started, I only had my laptop to do everything in.

Eventually, the techie world went boom with the iPads and then the Galaxies, and I jumped in.

I did what every self-respecting nerd would do - read up on reviews and compare, compare, compare.

After deciding I didn't want to be an Apple person, the product of choice for me, at first, was the ASUS Transformer Infinity TF700 10.1 in. tablet.  I loved that tablet, but it was heavy and I never did get to buy the keyboard/mobile dock to go with it.  That was my plan, you see, to make it into a clamshell tablet so I could type my heart out.

But 2 years passed, however many iPads came out, some androids, and I still needed something easier to blog with.

Enter the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition. - with S Pen!

That made things a little easier - but not every app was S Pen compatible.  And everytime I had to type something, half the screen is taken by the keyboard.  I did not like that.

So I got a bluetooth keyboard to use with the tablet (and even did a giveaway for it), but it became too tedious to always connect and disconnect a keyboard, just so I could type.

What's a blogger to do?

As of NOW, I've placed my Galaxy Note on sale, on eBay!  Yep.  I'm selling it.  I just find that I'm not using half the apps I've installed and blogging on a tablet is kinda frustrating.

BUT I don't have enough money to buy me a new laptop.  Trust me when I say my laptop is old, heavy, slow, noisy, and not portable - unless you're a college student who goes around with a backpack.  Even then, I don't think college students have laptops this cumbersome anymore.

So when I make some money from selling my Note, I will use that money to buy myself a brand-spanking-new CHROMEBOOK!


I think this might be the ticket for my blogging needs.  Plus, Chrome has lots of extensions that I can use if I want.  And I already use the cloud a lot anyway, it's ok if it's all cloud-based.

When I get my Chromebook, I'll write another review and let you know how it goes.  Hopefully, it'll give me a better blogging experience.  After all, they can be small enough to fit in a purse, portable, fast, and it has a keyboard!

I can't wait!

Do you have a Chromebook?  What brand is it and how do you like it so far?  Would you recommend it and why?  I'd love to hear your experience so I can pick the right one!

Comments