Musings :: Playing In the Rain

In front of me is the kitchen door that leads to the yard.  That yard is drenched from the still falling rain.  I hear the soft hum of the space heater to my right, and the raindrops clacking on the canvas top of the gazebo outside, too.

There's a mini-flood happening on the border of my lawn and cemented yard - thanks to the contractors who did a crappy job in making sure the soil is leveled properly.  But anyway, looking at the pools of water makes me want to go out there and sail paper boats - like I used to when I was a child.

children playing in the rain
Photo Credit: http://endlessfuels.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/225830_578617878827643_1607598201_n.jpg

Actually, I'm wishing I could go and play in the rain - if only it wasn't so cold.  The rainy days of my childhood were warm enough to enjoy the cool rain on your skin.  I suppose that was one perk of living in a third world, tropical island.

Hmm...yes...someday, I will let my kids experience playing in the rain.  Not just the kind where you're all covered in rain gear, holding an umbrella.  I mean the kind where you're literally bathing in the rain.  Soaked-to-the-bone kind of playing in the rain.  Just drenched.  In a good, fun way.

After all, how many people can say that they've played in the rain?  I want my kids to be able to raise their hands and say, "ME! I did! My mom let us and it was so much fun! It was the best time ever!"

Yes.  I want us to play in the rain.

Do you?

Comments