Family :: A Toy To Keep

Christmas is my favorite time of year.  But sometimes, the aftermath is a pill.

Why?

Because I end up swimming in toys - that aren't even mine.

Maybe swimming isn't the word.  It's more like doing evasive maneuvers just to get to the other side of the room.

I've been thinking of going extreme (again) and making the kids pick three toys each to keep, and the rest put in the garage.  And cycle toys, as long as they always ONLY have three in active possession/play.

Dare me?

Well, for the three year old though, it might be a hard decision.  But I think I can help with at least one...


This train set ought to be famous by now - if you've been following me on social media.  I've posted pics of my son playing it.

He actually got this for Christmas last year.  And any toy that could last and entertain a toddler/preschooler for a year is a definite keeper.

Also, I've set this thing up about a million and one times - no two set-ups are alike - because I can never remember how to make it look like the picture on the box...!!!

The important thing, I suppose, is that my son likes playing with it.  And when he's on it, I get peace.

And peace, is beautiful.

I just love this colorful train set!

Does your little one have a toy that he/she always goes back to, too?

This post is for Alison and Greta's Through the Lens Thursday Photography Project.
Join the fun!


Comments