My oldest daughter went to a birthday party sleepover yesterday. And although it was someone else's birthday, it still made me think about just how quickly childhood passes by.
In two years, I will have a tween in my hands. While she's already starting to show some attitude changes - even some not so nice ones - I'm hoping to slow down the growing up process. Somehow.
I won't win against time, I know. But every year is a struggle to keep her innocent. To keep the world from showing its ugly self to her beautiful eyes.
The scrapbook picture below is of her when she was 7, a little over 3 years ago. It's one of my favorites because the photos show her different personalities.
My husband took those pictures, just for fun. But I'm thinking of recreating it because I want to remember her dynamic personality, at this age.
I know that as she grows older, some characteristics of hers will change. I just hope that she picks up and keeps the good ones.
In two years, I will have a tween in my hands. While she's already starting to show some attitude changes - even some not so nice ones - I'm hoping to slow down the growing up process. Somehow.
I won't win against time, I know. But every year is a struggle to keep her innocent. To keep the world from showing its ugly self to her beautiful eyes.
The scrapbook picture below is of her when she was 7, a little over 3 years ago. It's one of my favorites because the photos show her different personalities.
My husband took those pictures, just for fun. But I'm thinking of recreating it because I want to remember her dynamic personality, at this age.
I know that as she grows older, some characteristics of hers will change. I just hope that she picks up and keeps the good ones.


Comments
Post a Comment