I really do miss digital scrapbooking. I have so many photos that I really want to get in an album. The reason for me, after all, in taking so many photographs, is so that we could look back at those events that passed so fleetingly in our lives.
Like this photo I snapped of the girls last July 2011, a couple days before their brother was born...
This picture was actually taken while we were walking on the pier. But the sun was so bright that the camera "whited-out" most of the surroundings, but left the girls pretty clear in the forefront. So I did a little "Photoshopping" to still capture the feeling of the moment.
I erased everything but the girls and their shadows. Then I took an image of a watercolor painting of a beach and placed the girls on top of that - precisely by the path, to make it look like they were walking on the sand.
Finally, I wrote a poem to go along with the shot and put together one of my favorite digital scrapbook pages ever. I really need to print and frame this...
Especially because I want my girls to have an image in their mind, of the sweet times they (sometimes) have together.

Comments
Post a Comment